Y&R: Week of April 27, 2009

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm beginning to think that Mary Jane is Mari Jo more with each passing day.

Did she and Phyllis ever interact? The show seems to be throwing those two crazies together as a clue perhaps?

Doesn't Kay now have a stepson or stepchild. I remember Murphy saying he had a son I think.

If they do kill Murphy off, I hope it's creative and not some blink or you miss it death.

For me the jury is still out on this gaslighting Ashley storyline. I don't particularly like stories such as these, and depending on who the culprit is, it has the danger of entering into LML territory if it doesn't make sense.

Oh I love JW growing her hair out.

• Members

I would like Murphy's past to be explored.

A son or daughter and grandchild etc.

Obviously,they can have so many characters onscreen at once,but this child could be mentioned and if they didn't want him her onscreen now,have them living overseas and have a phone call to cover.

Alternately,hire someone for a few days to play the son/daughter and if they wanted to write them in later,get the actor back or recast.

Re Lindsey's apartment-I am sure Julia Newman lived there-was the redecoration done for her character?

Speaking of Julia,a couple of questions:

Did she have a child and if so,who was the father?

Delving into the past made me think of Leslie's son Brooks.He could arrive in GC a high powered businessman.

• Members

Seriously, crate training the puppy? Do I care? Not so much. Mac continues to be a dullard. This Chloe/Billy/Mac "triangle" just isn't working for me, I can't for the life of me see anything remotely likeable, interesting, compelling, etc. about Ford's Mac. She just looks perpetually sad and depressed, and it's actually rubbing off on Billy IMO, he's starting to get that "droopy the dog" look himself.

droopy.jpg

What an absolutely atrocious dress they put on MTS. I know that they could have found something more flattering for her.

As much as Gloria and Jeffrey bug the hell out of me, their scenes with Jill at the Athletic Club were made of win!

Umm, ok, so Sharon mentioned to Noah that she was going to therapy. Is that it? That's the extent of the "crazy, klepto Sharon" story? Are we going to see her in one or two of these sessions and find out what exactly is causing her to lose time?

LOL, Haiduk is good because I feel like in her every scene, there's just a small ounce of crazy permeating from her every pore lol. You just want to watch and see when MJ's next batshyt moment might be.

Chloe has a fabulous fabulous sense of style.

I continue to hate the way EB plays the vast majority of Victor's scenes with Nikki. I'm going to be very interested

What an awkward Phick anniversary that was :blink: I wish these two would implode already

Eva needs to go. Even when she's not the focus of a scene she bugs me. Right before the music started for the wedding, the camera panned to right behind where she was sitting. Neil was talking to Tyra and Eva was laughing entirely too hard and in such an obviously fake manner that it bugged and the focus of the scene was the people starting to walk down the aisle for the wedding, not them.

Really? I was sold on her being Patty, but her conversation with Phyllis threw me off a little - now I'm not so sure.

• Members

OMG, y'all! I didn't say Murph is slated to die! I'm merely conjecturing! (Dear God in Heaven, what have I done, lol?!)

Before Murph knew who Kay really was, I had hoped they would reveal him to be either Esther's estranged father, or Tiny the Plumber's dad, and therefore, Chloe's paternal grandfather. The Esther angle is off the table, but I'd still like him to be related to Chloe somehow.

I'd also like to see some of the original Brookses and Fosters and their offspring gradually reintegrated into the canvas. Not all of them, of course; some, like Jennifer and Stuart Brooks, are either dead or presumably so. But, part of me wonders what it'd be like to see characters such as Snapper, Greg, and two or three of the Brooks girls back on the canvas and mingling with the current, newer characters.

• Members

I'd revolt! They never should have killed off Rex either! I see him all the time in Tolucca Lake (Burbank suburb)and he looks EXACTLY like he did when he was on Y&R. Sort of lends credence to the theory Kay and Glo are mother and daughter- Mama Black Widow, Daughter Black Widow? But still don't want it to happen.

Mary Jane's interaction with Phyllis is important. But the key moment, to me, was when MJ walked in on Jack and Phyllis sharing a moment. Her jealousy was her undoing before and it's still her weakness. She's also Jack's ex-wife. MJ mentions Jack's ex-wives in almost every ep she's in. And Victor was the idiot who decided to have an exchange with MJ at the wedding - IN FRONT OF JACK! Didn't he call out Glo for the same thing a few weeks back when she insisted on meeting him? And Jack saw the whole thing! Does this mean that Patty, oops MJ, wasn't under orders to sleep with Jack? Hmm...

• Members

Yes, you're right. That's why I pegged Lindsey leaving earlier than she did. Julia took over Lorie's apartment, then Lindsey took it over from Julia. It was Lindsey, though, who had it redone.

Yes, Julia had a child -- out of wedlock (of which Victor disapproved) -- by Eric Garrison. She wanted to be a single mom. Eric was, of course, the American lawyer shared by Dina and Ashley.

I have often thought of young Brooks Prentiss. He'd be a bit younger than Cane. I'd love him to come to town to run the Chronicle--move it into the internet era. Maybe bring some publishing expertise to a floundering Restless Style.

• Members

I read about the Vanessa Prentiss s/l last night and I gotta say, it was incredible. That's a s/l i wouldn't mind seeing refreshed. But I think you're right. The foster's and the Brooks no longer have a place at the Y&R table and frankly, i don't see them ever going back. Now the Williams', i think they're going to get a boost.

• Members

I meant to characterize Heather as wound too tight, I stand corrected. I guess we disagree on one aspect of the character and actress and that is the DA angle but what I see is an actress with potential, I hope she's given the opportunity to and can deliver a more layered character in her performances but I love her mostly sibtle performances against CE and I continue to like her against EB (though Heather'll never win here)

Archived