Y&R: Week of April 27, 2009

• Members

Traci's cool, but she's not that comforting dad figure. Murphy is just what the doctor ordered, and I'd like him in an ongoing supporting role.

I don't what Kay-Jill fight-fight-fight with no punctuation. That would be tedious. Even Jack and Victor take breaks. And when that happens, or on the side, would could have a Murphy story. I'm not advocating for that though. I'm happy with him in a long-term strong supporting role.

And Kevin, for me, is five. The actor has totally sold me. He is just so vulnerable...he's really made me care for him again. There is a principle in therapy that is called "re-parenting". You can do it for yourself, or a trusted loved one can do it. I think Murphy can be the dad Kevin never had. And I want that for him.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A conforting figure is a comforting figure, regardless of gender.

They wouldn't have to go on and on, Murphy's death would add yet another layer to their complicated relationship. And as history has shown, Katherine's husbands never last very long anyway.

And to me, I couldn't care less about Kevin and his entire family of criminals. I will not have a "moral figure" wasted on an entire family that continues to do wrong, yet think they're the ones being wronged.

Katherine's survived years without a husband, and even when she's married, her husbands have never really been the big parts of her storylines. Katherine doesn't need a husband in the long term.

I like Murphy, and I would like for him to last for a few years. However, after those few years, and after his relationship with Katherine and others has grown, it would make total dramatic sense for him to die and for Jill to be partly responsible for it. I'm not saying it should happen now, but eventually.

• Members

Not for me. Murphy is a comforting dad, and Kay is a comforting mom. We have Kay. Traci (or, IMO, Nikki or Lauren) can move into that "mom" role after Kay moves on.

Another tragedy for Kay...I have no interest. When he dies, I want it in his sleep. It's fine with me if Jill yells at him the evening before, he's upset and says he's going to bed, and then dies in the night. It can even be stronger...like Iris broke Mac Cory's heart on AW. Jill could break his heart somehow, he goes to bed to sleep, and dies in the night. Nothing more traumatic. And that can happen in 2015. Not a day before :)

I'm wrapping my virtual arm around Kevin's shoulder, even as you speak. I wanna protect that boy.

I can actually agree with you on this last point. Not before 2015, though.

From your lips to the Great One's ears.

• Members

I would actually love this. Not a car accident, or fall down the stairs, or whatever. I was talking to someone else about this other day - what happened between Mac and Iris only happened the way it did because DW died in real life, but from a storytelling perspective (I hate saying this, please don't think I'm insenstiive. I love DW and miss him still to this day), it couldn't have happened at a "better" time, because it provided the character of Iris a through-line that lasted for years, and was just breath-taking.

For Jill to realize (in 2015, naturally) that Murphy's the closest thing she had to anything resembling a parent in the last six years, and then have him die in his sleep after a particularly painful argument? Heart-breaking... and perfect for the character of Jill.

• Members

Liz is fine, I love her, BUT JILL'S WHOLE LIFE -- LIKE KEVIN'S -- HAS BEEN DEFINED BY FATHER ABSENCE.

Most of her pathological decisions and her marriages (to mostly older men) have been a quest for daddy. Bill Foster took off when she was so young...and only came back to die.

The parental relationship she needs to revisit is daddy, not mommy.

Kevin needs to revisit both, since Gloria is such a black widow. So, Murph and Kay together can help restore in Kevin what he never had.

• Members

You really love the Baldwin-Fishers, don't you?

I don't even know what to think. The entire family is just so... I don't even have any sort of feeling most of the time about that family... I don't like them, I don't hate them... I'm lacking any sort of emotion with them.

• Members

Kevin and Jill are entirely too old for me to care about them finding that "daddy figure" in their lives.

Had it been Noah or someone younger, I'd care more, because of being children. I have no intention of watching two grown adults finally find a parent figure in their lives.

And really, I like Jill's animosity towards Murphy, I don't see any reason why she should have to like him. I like Ice Queen Jill. :)

and Liz should have a more regular recurring role on the show. What are they gonna do when Julianna McCarthy is no longer with it? Never mention Liz again, or give us some lame explanation that she's happy living in London? :rolleyes:

• Members

Yep. Kevin most of all, Michael second. For Gloria, I confess, it is more the actress than the character at this point. But even the character...she is so narcissistically driven to do so much heinousness--in such a pretty picture--I cannot wait to see what she does next, and how she justifies it.

Eden can go. And I love the healing relationship they have shown with Lauren and Michael. He's her guy, and she just is there for him. Moves me a lot. Hope it doesn't get destroyed soon. My only fear is that he is not there for her as much as she is there for him.

The brain tumor came back and took her, mercifully in her sleep. Snapper and Chris were there, holding her hand, at the end. It was beautiful and peaceful.

Murphy can take the sob-wracked Jill in his arms and comfort her.

• Members

Meanwhile, Jana and Jeffrey can both go. Either die or leave, whatever. I'd rather have someone trying to have a relationship with Kevin and his baggage, then someone that's already a criminal. The relationships in that family are almost all so similar: criminal-crimal (Kevin-Jana), criminal-criminal (Gloria-Jeff)... even Michael and Lauren a bit.

I get that feeling about LeBlanc's acting.

Archived