Y&R: Week of April 27, 2009

• Members

She's got the bod to do both, though (she says enviously!)

Yeah, I always felt she was better at the acting -- especially when she got material like confronting Adam at the airport. I think TPTB must have seen that, too. Which is why Caremen Mesta and that chick who saved Nick in the Wisconsin forests (Taylor? Sydney? Can't remember what generic soap name they gave her) didn't stick around but Heather did.

She needs to be at Jabot with lonely Jill as her mentor, though. That was a great scene when Heather went to talk to Jill about re-opening the Ji Min case and Jill started confiding in her about how much she loved and missed Ji Min.

Heck. I miss Ji Min. Eric Steinberg would have been such an asset to Y&R!

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You didn't think Christel had suggested that mini-SL? I totally did. It seemed like I was watching Christel (not Lily) in those scenes with the dog. She was so animated and happy.

• Members

I'm kinda scared... Let's hope they don't accept any other ideas she gets. Unless she suddenly comes up with a storyline involving Lily's departure and return with a different face.

• Members

See, if we accept that her law-and-order stance makes her character INTENTIONALLY UNDESIRABLE, and shows us her HARD, DEFENDED EDGE...then she should NOT be at Jabot.

It is only when she finally embraces the reality of the fact that, in her prosecutorial stance, she is punishing the world for the transgressions of her stepfather and father, that she will heal. Then she'll realize she no longer has to punish people and, as someone suggested upthread, she'll morph into a defender or a corporate lawyer or something. When she can finally soften and let herself become more vulnerable, she'll make the shift.

I did enjoy Eric Steinberg, but no plausible story was ever written for him. I did not buy Jill mooning over him. I therefore value his departure, because Y&R needs fewer characters. He brought some much-needed diversity, but that in and of itself is not justification for bringing and keeping a character.

These are good points, and it does spotlight how FAR out of sync from Rowell's values Christel is. One saves troubled and maybe not-so-cute humans, the other cute doggies. Both are important...but definitely not the same.

Oh, you didn't hear? Christel decided that terrific story point would be to show that disadvantaged girls could have a better chance in life if they were taught hair/makeup tricks and given donated designer frocks. So, Lily is about to embark on a storyline where she visits homeless shelters on the rough side of Genoa City and teaches everyone about hair, makeup, clothing...and even some comportment tips.

PSYCH!

• Members

In terms of diversity and useful characters,we need to see Keemo.

I am sure Maria Bellerina has him in mind for a return.

She has spent the past year bringing back past characters and shoring up the gaps-Ashley,Billy,Doris,Olivia,Mac etc

Keemo,Scotty and Nate are really the only characters that need to be back on the canvas.

Dina,Traci,Joanna etc should be referenced and make guest appearances

• Members

Bringing back some members of the Foster family would help us forget the KatherineIsMyMother fiasco. I never bought how easily Jill forgot Liz and started calling Kay "mother". Liz should appear from time to time and it would be a nice nod to history if they brought back Jennifer Foster, Snapper and Chris's daughter (paging Gina Tognioni).

I don't buy VB as ADA at all and I am not that crazy about the Adam-Heather pairing. If he is James, she is not Barbara (too strong). If he is Todd, she is not Tea (too weak). I like the actress though and I'd rather see her in other types of storylines. BTW does anyone remember that this person is related to Paul Williams?

Archived