Y&R: Week of April 27, 2009

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Heather's shown her vulnerability with Adam and their whole "We're outcasts" deal. And I've always gotten the vibe from Heather that she's kind of emotionally needy, yet if things get tough she kind of.. closes up and gets fierce with whoever has wronged her. The whole "hard shell" thing. There's much untapped potential with the character that they haven't done anything with. I always thought she'd be best as a fierce lawyer who uses her sexuality to her advantage, is all fierce and such on the outside.. but when she's at home and the lights go down, she cries herself into a bottle of wine since everyone hates her even though no one really knows her and she puts up her defenses 24/7. They could also delve into why she's such a vicious bitch of a ADA as well. Maybe there's some psychological crap in her past that has affected who she is today. Something like that.

• Members

To me, it seems as if all of these theories about Heather's behavior are just accidental. The writers never intended to invest, and whatever we think of the character is what came out of our own minds. Had they really wanted to create a complex, cold yet sexy character, they would have invested more in her. She'll probably show her potential on her final episode, just like Karen.

• Members

Do we have any takers for Mary Jane being Lindsey?

She has a just as strong a motive for revenge against Jack and was already a manipulative type(unlike Patty)

From SOD summaries

Feb 1984

Jack receives a scrapbook containingeight different photos of him and Jill making love.The enclosed note reads"You'll hear from me tomorrow"

The next day,John introduces Jack to Lindsey,aformer friend's daughter.Lindsey is planning to take advantage of the management training program they have at Jabot.When she is alone with Jack,she tells him they met 6 years ago,which Jack doesn't recall.

insisting they saw each other constantly,Lindsey says that Jack told her he loved her.When she went back to school,however,she never heard from him again.With a sly grin,Lindsey admits she hadn't seen him for years until she caught a glimpse of him in a bblizzard.With the realization that Lindsey is his blackmailer,Jack asks what she wants.Lindsey replies she wants to be pushed all the way to the top of the corporate ladder at Jabot.

Was there any resolution to the Lindsey story?Did she get written off or just disappear?

Re Patty

Around October 83,Carl discovers his daughter Patty shot her husband Jack

Feb 84,Patty discovers Jack is involved with Lindsey."HHow dare you threaten me with infidelity charges!"she fumes,"when you're involved with this Lindsey person."

Patty insists Jack agree to the divorce settlement or she'll move back into the Abbott house.

June 84,Traci reveals to Danny she is pregnant by Tim.He breaks a date with Patty,who has just told her parents that she and Danny have never been closer than now.

July 84

Danny has married Traci because she is pregnant with Tim's baby.He has kept the truth from a confused Patty,but Traci finally explains to Patty that it is a marriage in name only and they will seperate once the baby is born

So it seems that Patty was pretty much over Jack and it was the fact that Danny wasn't available that caused her to leave town.

• Members

You're right Paul, I already mentionned it earlier. Patty left town in November 1984 because of Danny and Traci, she was no more concerned about Jack at all. I even think they made peace the day of Victor and Nikki's wedding when their divorce was final.

• Members

From what I remember Lindsey just vanished when the truth about Jack and Jill came out. She was still very upset with Jack though.

I adore MJ. I first saw SH on Prison Break and I fell in love with her Linda Tabbak character from the first minute. Let's hope she is Patty, this way Paul's future with the show might be safer. I never cared for Mari Jo, her entire storyline reminded me of early Leanna Randolph. As for Lindsey Wells, I would rather have Lauren Koslow back in that role. She belongs to a show like Y&R, not DAYS.

Didn't Patty make some phonecalls to her family around the time Diane was reintroduced in the nineties? Was there some kind of story to that?

• Members

Exactly.

And if they ever decided to invest in her, I'd hope to see her history, experiencing something traumatic with her stepdad or the people at Princeton than watch her breakdown at home alone. I like her cold and attempting to be strong all the time. I don't think she should be conveyed in any othet light.

Plain and simple, everyone who should be fleshed out gets the Chloe/Billy treatment and a lot of problems would be solved.

Eva looked frightening on Wednesday's show, smiling at Neil with those vacant eyes. I miss her look when she first came on the show. And I hate when people change they're hairstyles and no one mentions anything. It's not a little hair cut it's a weave for goodness sakes..

I liked Ford on yesterday's show. Finally she's not closed off behind a wall. Her scenes with Frantz are so strange, though. Like they're on two different planes. It's such a weird dynamic because Frantz delivers her lines as if she's cheering in a football stadium and Ford is reciting poetry in a pub.

• Members

Yes,all of a sudden,Mary started mentioning Patty,intimating that she had lost contact with the family and had left town unhappy.

We then saw someone in a phone booth make a call to Mary and hang up-and that was that!

We had already endured the rewrite around Carl.

I remember a blind item around that time,that a show planned to reintroduce a character and contacted the original actress,but apparently her appearance had changed so much,they nixed their plans.

If it were Y&R,it seems Lillibet Stern had gained alot of weight.

Remember at this time,the show did not recast returning characters.If the original wasn't available,that was it.

• Members

Oooh, oooh, oooh. Even if this costs us MJ/Patty forever, turning her into the next Sheila and having her

....I'm then IN LOVE with this story forever. If they give

, then maybe we've even got a repeat of my all time favorite

, and this could be LML's show again :)

• Members

No, because Lindsey was a rich man's daughter. Surely she'd been on a jet before. Plus, I'm not interested in anyone but Lauren Koslow in that role :-). And Haiduk seems 10-20 years too young, not that that matters.

Even if Patty "made peace" before she left town (because that is what they said), YOU DON'T LEAVE TOWN AND YOUR FAMILY FOR A "FRESH START" IF YOU'RE REALLY OVER IT!

It means that you need a change of venue because you WANT to get over it.

But, the beauty of this story is that they have us guessing and talking about it, so kudos.

Archived