Y&R: "Friend of Dorothy" revealed!

• Members

Well how about this...what if they connected Rafe to John Silva, and made him his father. I think the namme is right. John Silva has been the lawyer of Genoa City for awhile, along with Christine and Michael. But that would be a grat way to connect him to a character, a character who does have history there and alot of interaction with alot of characters. It would be nice to see John in his own storyline and dealing with the fact that his son is gay. He doesn't necessarily have to be homophobic or anything, but there are other things. Just an idea! I like Rafe and I think that the character should be explored. And I have no doubt that YR will do a much better job telling the story than any other soap. Well I could write it well for any soap, but I'm not here to toot my own horn, LOL :D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting that they are adding layers to the Rafe character.... I don't see anything wrong with him just being supporting, because after the debacles over at AMC and ATWT trying to showcase the gay community front burner, they fail miserably. I would be against however pairing with him an established, straight character. I am not a fan of these "experimenting" storylines..... much like the Otalia nonsense on GL.

• Members

I think it is brilliant.

Bring in Rafe as the likeable "stealth gay". As many of you have said, he's fairly disposable. But he's sweet and attractive...so I see audience appeal growing.

But I think the real story is in whom he'll sleep with. And that is the mystery of the year! Someone in Genoa City is either closeted/bearded or bi. It might take us 6 months to find out...but when we do...it will be hot.

theboys.jpg

• Members

They can pair him with an established straight character without it being about experimenting, I think. It'd have to be a character who has little to no romantic experience (that we've seen on the show). Devon would be one, but he's too young for Rafe, IMO (even though Rafe looks like the Doogie Howser of law school). Adam really is the best possible choice.

Also the sexiest possible choice.

[anxious/obnoxious] Let the looooooooooove story begin! [/anxious/obnoxious]

• Members

Haha...keep your pants on AMS. ;) So that is Rafe...hmmmm..didnt real pay attention to him. I thought he was just a bit player. It will be interesting who they pair him with. Someone needs to send Goutman a memo to watch how a real "gay" storyline is written and told.

• Members

There has to be a storyline first. I thought Luke's coming out story was well-written (aside from the evil Damien angle), so even if some of Luke's later stories have sucked, I don't know if a story involving a bit player negates what ATWT initially did with Luke.

Archived