Y&R Actor off contract

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dee Dee.. it was under Alden/Smith that the we had Winters overload. to be honest I don't like overload on any character. I feel with McClure, since he is lacking in talent he NEEDS looks to put him over. I don't feel looks are everything, look at Beth Maitland, the best young actress this show EVER HAD and she still brings it like no other. Same with Tricia Cast. Neither were classically beautiful, but their talent just outshined all else. That's the same reason I think it was wise for them to get rid of Diamont. He's someone else who sailed through on his looks.

• Members

Now did I say that? I don't think ANY, and I mean ANY group of viewers can lay claim to the show's success... it's a matter of everyone having their oars in the water. If the black viewer is responsible for Y&R being at number one, were they also responsible for the failure of Generations?

• Members

Alphanguy, you make great points. But this is really a losing battle. Trust me, a few of us have been here. This whole thread devolved into what most Winters threads devolve into. Which is a shame - because there's some interesting discussions to be had about them. That have nothing to do with this.

• Members

:wub: buffy throwouts.

Exactly.

Sursok has story?

O'Brien & Khalil have story? Aside from a pop in their mans story?

Graz has a story?

Word.

I liekd Bryton, he is a great young actor. but Devon was nothing more than a walking PSA

Thats because Devon was just an extension of Dru. He never became a character on his own. They tried a few times, but it never worked.

and Wilds is fantastic on 90210 and he was on the wire.

Tyra & Anna need to go. They then need to feture Liv a bit more and bring in Nate. Maybe use Nate in thos suposed gay storyline down the line we are suposed to get this year that nelson reported. Who knows. There is also a lot of young women on the show who could use a man.

And really, Lily is an awful character. So bring in a few other AA's. But please do NOT throw them all together! Mix & Mingle people, PLEASE!

• Members

Unfortuantely, YES... That's why Diamont lasted as long as he did, and let's not even bring up Michael Damian. Berate him as much as you want, but Rikkart is VERY talented, there might be 2 or3 percent of the viewers who don't feel this way. I'm not saying racism don't exist in daytime, I just feel that Y&R is that LAST place anybody should be pointing fingers.

• Members

Even when they aren't the lead in a story they're ALWAYS on.

Daniel had NO story of his own for the longest yet he was on almost EVERY day in EVERY story.

He's no worse than Luke & Van.

When did he get the chance?

Or TPTB could put more effort into working with what they have.

...Exactly

• Members

With all due respect, DeeeDee, you're not "discussing". I normally love your posts, but whenever this comes up, it's never about "the discussion". Discussion involves an exchanging of ideas where you open yourself up to the possibility that someone on the other side of the argument might be able to teach you something. You're just throwing out very aggressive sentences, and then following it up with "Exactly." Like you've proven some point. Other posters are trying to discuss things, but all you're responding with are "wrong" and "so there" and similar statements. That's not a discussion. At all.

Are the minority characters in daytime done a great disservice currently? Of course. Nobody's arguing that. And if you want to truly discuss it, then we can in another thread. But there's nothing even remotely close to a "discussion" going on right now.

Archived