Y&R Actor off contract

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd like to see Eva replaced. I think Tyra could be a viable character under a stronger actress.

I have to disagree with you there- those four have been great for me for a while now. I enjoy that foursome, with Kevin being the weak link.

Devon was never written properly- he's written as way too angelic. It would have been more interesting had he always tried to live up to Neil's standards but constantly fail. He's WAY too perfect as a foster child......and too trusting. Most foster children are very weary of other people and their motives. Not so with Devon.

In any event, count me among those who are hoping to see more Liv and a recast Nate. I'd also LOVE to see more of that detective. He's so smoldering and the actor is very talented IMO.

• Members

I liked Amber on this show from the start...but she has become far more appealing now in Kay's orbit.

That said, now that Rick is damaged, and it's not just Amber scamming Rick, but two damaged souls...could work.

• Members

I suspect this is more of a network issue than a Bell issue. After all, I can't think of any black characters well-rounded enough to be flawed or "gray" on any CBS soap. ABC at least had RJ. And Jamal on PC sometimes got to be a little bad-ass. But it seems CBS is SO afraid they'll piss off their African-American viewers, they won't even let them jaywalk.

• Members

OMG, can we stop talking about Colleen/Tammin Sursok in every effin Y&R thread? Geez.

Anyway, as sad as I am to lose an AA character, Bryton was one of the blandest actors I've ever seen and Devon was never fully developed anyway. Guess this means no more of Tatyanna Ali as Roxanne though :(

Archived