Y&R Actor off contract

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True.

So Devon is with Doug Davidson and Tammin Sursok and (till recently) Don Diamont and Vail Bloom...

There is this whole cadre of utterly neglected characters...most of whom are also now shown without sensuality, etc.

I guess this is an intentional back-burnering in the service of cleaning house?

Or do you feel the Devon situation is different from what they're doing with Davidson, Sursok, Diamont, Bloom, etc?

• Members

They could have (I'm getting tired of using "they could have") written a good love story for him, either with Roxanne or someone else (since Tatyana Ali didn't have much appearances. But she was just thrown in to make sure nobody starts complaining about his lack of love life. There was no intention of ever going through with anything on that front either.

In Davidson's case it's hard to know what to think. My first thought is that they are keeping him for Lauralee's change of heart.

With Sursok, it's different because she never had anything and yet they didn't get rid of her. So this could go on for years.

With Diamont, obviously, that was the case.

With Bloom, I think they're getting ready to ship her off too.

• Members

LOL :)

Okay, yes, Bryton has been presented in a totally asexual way. Sigh. You all are making me face some things that -- justifiably -- are harshing my mellow about this show I otherwise love and have been loving.

• Members

One day when we look back at the past and the time MAB was writing the show, we'll always keep it in my mind how neglected the Winters were. For now, it's the biggest mistake she made, IMO.

• Members

Blah, they made Devon a dull character with very little dept from the get-go. He was always used for PSA social issue stories from the beginning to even now with this Ana custody battle crap.

Victoria Rowell pushed very hard for this character, but Jack Smith, Latham, and now Maria obviously cared very little about him to develop him properly.

• Members

There's plenty but Devon's not supposed to be angry.

Ever.

Daniel yes.

Kevin sure.

Devon Nope.

He's been pointless since Day 1.

Even she has stayed with story.

Not all street kids are thugs.

The character has grown a lot mainly due to the actor.

But the "lack of story" excuse is usually conveniently attributed to minorities.

EXACTLY!

• Members

I don't consider Emmy's to be any indication of talent, Adrienne Franz (for horrible over the top work), Justin Torkelson, Natalia Livingston.... all have one while fabulous actors like MTS can't even get nominated. They are a complete joke which is why they can't even get aired on a legitimate network.

That being said, I think that MAB is being racist in her writing for the black characters and refusal to integrate anyone other than Niel and Lily with the rest of the cast. Even then she probably wouldn't want to use them, but Victor has no other friends/peons and Kahlil appears to have some kind of fan base.

Archived