Y&R Actor off contract

• Members

If I believed that, Ann_SS, I would not be jubilant.

I WANT a strong family of color. It can be the Winters.

But Bryton was never right for Devon. Rowell elevated his game, but Bryton did not show me the tough Newman-esque exterior I would have expected from a runaway like this.

Also, because it removes the anchor from Tyra, and because we've heard Peeples is leaving, I think it may go this way:

Neil is utterly alone, save for Lily. Perhaps this plunges him into alcohol. Or perhaps this leads to a reinvention to the character that once again makes him viable and interesting.

I don't know...but the current situation is intolerable...and I say that as someone who almost never complains about any performer or storyline.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know it's just a suggestion, but I wouldn't like an alcohol storyline right now. With all the recent stuff reminding some people of the past, they'd just see Neil's alcoholism problem as yet another past storyline being revisited.

• Members

I know. Bryton is able to do great.

They did not let him go because of his lack of talent. They don't want to write for him. He only propped Ana/Tyra last year and did nothing. Nothing.

• Members

MarkH and rangethatrover , I'll believe it when I see it. I've been watching soaps for a long time and once the exodus of black people starts, they don't show back up until another regime takes over and decides to reintroduce diversity.

Archived