Y&R Actor off contract

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, Branco is now reporting that Bry-ton is indeed going to be bumped to recurring, he just "hasn't been told yet". Shemar Moore apparently was pissed cause LML never asked him back while she was at the helm... so we will likely see him back in the future. There is some buzz that they may ask Vivica Fox to reprise her role as Stephanie, now I can be down with that!! Vivica Fox is an actress that actually has TALENT! I say bump Marcille, and bring on the FOX!

• Members

I'll wait until it's confirmed, as we've heard from the actor himself that he isn't recurring.

I doubt Shemar will ever be on Y&R again, especially since he's contractually obligated to appear on Criminal Minds. Also, after the way he bashed soaps after making it in primetime, he'd be a huge hypocrite.

• Members

Since both shows are CBS, there would be no problem with him appearing on Y&R whatsoever... just like when Rowell was on Diagnosis Murder. Actors many times are signed to contracts with the newtork, and not production companies... it depends on the show. That's how Kevin Dobson got his gig on Knots Landing, he still had tons of time left on his contract after Kojak was cancelled, so he did guest spots, and then finally that spot on Knots openend up, and they dropped him in.

• Members

He did not bash soaps. He did not.

I'll try to find the quote, but what he said was that he had done it, he had paid his dues, and there was nothing to be served by going back.

This is it: Indeed, he says if he could come back, he would! We now know when he says "politically" his time is done, it probably refers to the fact that LML didn't want him back. Indeed, he pretty much affirms that in the second red quote. The third quote pretty graciously says that prime time won't hire him if he doesn't embrace prime time. That is fair and accurate. No disrespect there...just honesty.

I hate it when people get trashed for saying nothing wrong!

• Members

But things have changed. If he is feeling more secure in his primetime gig, with LML gone, as a favor to the Bells, maybe to introduce a new character for a day...I wouldn't feel it was hypocrisy.

That said, he's basically right. I think he should stay away for many reasons (including...don't awaken the specter of Malcolm unless you're willing to commit to it again). Let him give Primetime and Movies a shot. If, down the road, they don't work and Y&R is still on and it makes sense for him to come back...I would not see it as any hypocrisy or problem.

Archived