Y&R: Week of April 06, 2009

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But Bashioum...something that was absolutely true in the beginning, and most of the time thereafter....seldom smiled. That totally worked for me, given her background.

Thus, I loved that Clementine Ford was not "perky, pretty Mac" (we had that)...but scowly-sulky Mac. It makes total sense that the horrors of Darfur would have affected her looks and her behavior.

I love that she's not classically "pretty". I think that will encourage the writers to go a little deeper.

You are totally the boss on these looks issues. The only thing I noticed were those bags under the eyes. They were shocking, given how young she is.

Mom Cybill also tends to have that round face.

It is totally fine with me if she is not classically pretty and looks "lived in". Billy Miller, too, is not classically handsome. I'll be delighted if the return of the prodigal/signature couple is cast with folks who can act...and who don't look so "soapy"

But Kay and Murph seemed to be sharing a room.

Are they -- gulp -- having SEX ?!?!?!?!

• Members

I am totally in favor of her not being classically 'pretty'...the same goes for Billy Miller, he is not what you'd call 'handsome'...they're both attractive and look 'lived in' but the difference between Miller and Ford is that Miller looks polished and Ford looks burnt out...when you start looking like Mackenzie Browning, Darfur prostitute and mission aid worker saving lives while slinging hash, you've got yourself a problem!

She needs a little tweaking, literally give me a weekend and she'd be fabulous.

• Members

I agree they definitely need to trim the cast and if they aren't going to write for Paul and his family then they should just let them go also. I'd still like to see the meddling Mary Williams even if for a brief appearance.

Interesting! I haven't thought about that possibility either; Chloe is the desperate type and there was something in her expression today when she found out about Mac and Billy's past.

I'm agreeing with MarkH on Mac, who knows what she saw in Dufar and it could have aged her therefore the possible answer as to why Ford was cast since she does look a bit older. It's working for me.

• Members

Jill despising Katherne and cutting off their relationship...Hate it. Although the way it was written, it wasnt so bad bc Jess Walton really sold it to me. Still I hope this isnt permanent

The Billy/Mac stuff seems so forced. She shows up just as he gets married, just as its revealed they arent cousins and now so many people are trying to push them back together. Um, whatever. I hate that they are making Chloe to yet again be the big loser here.

Speaking of losers, what the hell was TASP doing at the wedding? Someone seriously needs to get a life

LOL...loved Nick ripping into Phyllis

Sharon, you are a hot mess. I really felt bad for Jack there. Ive finally started to like them, only as they are divorcing. Still its best they are apart. Hoping for her to reunite with Nick

• Members

Cheap, you actually liked Kay and Jill's "loving" relationship? I've seen a few comment on this, but never really explain why they enjoyed it. To me if always felt so forced and it limited Jess and Jeanne as actors. I'd love to hear your insight.

Archived