Y&R: Week of April 06, 2009

• Members

I don't need it to be slow and painful. Instead we should see him sitting in his "Power" chair when a big knife held by a perfectly manicured female hand, takes one second to slit his throat!! Then let the real story begin.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's it, which is a point I made up thread too.

Yeah a "Who killed Cane" storyline would mean MORE Cane, so no thank you! Perhaps they could write it as Devon killing him since the boy never liked him to begin with and Cane has some anger issues now.

Chloe never should have left the damn hospital knowing that Cane signed the birth certificate and he wasn't the father; they could have nipped this stupid storyline in the bud then and there. What mother would have left the hospital with a signed birth certificate by a man who was not the baby daddy? None!

• Members

I liked the hero who scaled pipes in Clear Springs.

That is about it. The morph from bartender to CEO and his tendency to sanctimoniousness have not been appealing.

I think there is much that could be redeemed here. And he can remain "the real Phillip III" if they need it (let's face it, most of us are objecting to the retcon that created this character...in part because it invalidates Thom Bierdz' role, and Nina's son)...but only if they give Cane some integrity and appeal.

For this to happen, Cane needs to look in the mirror and say: "I have lost myself. I'm not a CEO...I'm an outback rugby player who likes to work with my hands and mix a good drink. I was so eager to be a 'Chancellor', I forgot who I was. That is done!" Then, he needs to look at Lily and say, "You know, sweet little girl, there is a reason it never works out for us. Because we're ill-suited. There are more than 10 years that separate us, and that is important. I am ready to settle down in my life, and you -- appropriately -- need to be exploring it. It is time for us to move on."

Then, I'd have Cane (with the Chancellor money) buy Indigo or the dive bar. That should be his base. It lets him be a talk-to to others, and it also positions him in a job that is more suited to him. Cane should be "rough hewn and charming"...and he should never, ever wear a suit and tie.

At that point, because the actor is almost 40, they can let him gravitate toward females who are more age appropriate. He'd be fine, honestly, with the new Mac (and there are no blood ties). He'd be fine with Ashley or Phyllis! (Yes, they're older, but it would work).

With those simple fixes...a return to his working class nature, a job more suited to his skills, and women more appropriate to him...all is good.

Cane should be more sexually exploratory...not trapped with virgin brides and young-adult schemers. That would play to Goddard's genuinely sexy flirtatious and leering nature...

• Members

Cane should be a smug arrogant stuck up !@#$%^&*], IMHO. Someone who feels he IS better than everyone. Someone who takes for granted what has been handed to him. He should look down in the little people and play the girls like fiddle.

Thats what i want to see him do. I dont want to see him humble or going back to his roots. And down the line i want everything stripped away from him, for him to have nothing -- and no one.

• Members

Not me...we've basically seen the story you mention done with Adam. (And that has seriously harmed Adam...who now seems weak and petulant).

Goddard is a decent bloke, and Cane should be too.

• Members

Actually, after seeing Cane oil his way around the Chancellor estate as he belatedly hugged his "grandma" and anxiously tried to get back into her good books, I think Smug Arrogant Sh!t is the way to go! Daniel Goddard -- who, yes, sounds like a great guy IRL -- seemed to be having a ball. I loved the way he smarmily tucked into cake, watching Billy rush Chloe out of the house. And I say this as somebody who likes Billy and Chloe!

I think this is the way to go for Cane. Adam is different. Adam is bitter, vengeful. He is his father's son. Cane is a smoothie, a con artist. There's a difference. Adam and Victor were never smoothies.

OK, how hard was that bump that Kay took to the head? Thanking Ashley and Jack so profusely for "supporting her from the beginning? Huh? I love Ash but I must have missed all that help the Abbotts threw Karge's way.

Early days for Mac. But I liked that she was the anti-fashion plate. And I actually got a little frisson when I saw the preview for Mac and Billy's conversation in today's (Tuesday) episode.

• Members

I might be considered sick, but I think Cane and Jill would have been hot together, I know they play mother and Son, but the chemistry these two share is off the charts, I was watching them a few weeks back and my husband walked by and asked if they were sleeping together..Jess is due for some hot romance

Archived