Y&R: Week of April 06, 2009

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which is how Kimsey played the role. I hope Ford wasn't researching her tapes. Ick. Then again, it makes sense that she was so tired, with her flight and her experiences. Hopefully on Tuesday's episode, she perks up a little... although I don't think that shou;d be a problem.

• Members

I think we will go through phases:

1. Phase which otherwise wouldn't have existed, but which may last for some time: since she said herself her acting sucked, fans are going to be in the let's-give-her-a-few-weeks
  2. When Phase 1 ends, we'll here whispers of discontent, that will eventually become louder: some will say "God, this one is awwwful!", while others will try to be diplomatic and give her another chance
  3. Everyone agrees she sucks, and after 50 recasts, Mac finally dies a terrible death never to return again.

• Members

Exactly! Mac's supposed to look tired right now. She's had a long flight and one, just found out her grandmother is indeed alive after thinking she was dead and two, the love of her life who she had married then had to get an annulment after learning he was her cousin really isn't her cousin! That's a lot for one person to grasp all at the same time so she couldn't help but look tired.

• Members

No, I think she was badly written and never actually worked as a character (I'm speaking for myself, of couse, others will disagree). Then Bash made her to soporific, coma-inducing little sweetie bore, that I decided she needs to go. :lol:

• Members

I agree with you, I think Mary Jane is going to end up being Patti Williams, which I happen to LOVE...thus Doug Davidson's reprieve...which could mean a reprieve for Vail Bloom as well.

Well, the writing is that Victor got Mary Jane a bucket of plastic surgery...a good facelift, chemical peel, eye work and enough exercise and most anyone could look 15 years younger. So it's possible.

• Members

I didn't think so...I thought Patti just divorced Jack and left town...I don't think they ever patched anything up, Jack didn't press charges because he'd been such a sh*t about everything (ie: sleeping with Diane the day before his wedding)...

• Members

That is correct. Patty basically went away to heal (since she'd almost killed a man, and didn't remember it; plus she'd so foolishly rushed into marriage).

I do not want this. I do not want this woman to be Patty. But I have a different agenda....

• Members

You mean an Andrea Evans, Patty=Tawny agenda?

Yeah. I have that agenda, too. :P

As for Mac, I haven't seen her yet beyond Friday's cliffhanger, but this is a cursed role. Mac is a goody-two-shoes; one who is SO good and SO saintly that if they were to show shades of grey (as Billy Miller has done with Billy), there would be an uproar. "That's not Mac!"

Plus Her Holiness just got back from Saving Darfur. They'll have to find some way of humanising her, but I guess they won't be going the Bily "Charming Screw-Up" route. Which is a pity. I sort of want to buy into the idea that Mac & Billy are soulmates.

I am willing to give Clementine Ford the time she needs to feel out the role, though. I like her forthrightness and self-deprecation in a recent TVG interview. Mac needs some of that.

Archived