Y&R: Week of February 23, 2009

• Members

I'd enjoy that. Four people who say "we love each other", and just ... ahem ... "have at it" in all kinds of configurations :). Eventually, the thing could implode due to jealousy...but it sure would be fun to see for a while. Totally different....

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it would have to be done very subtly, just have the quad drinking and next thing you know it, Amber and Kevin and Jana and Daniel are making out and then off screen for the next 4-5 weeks. When they return, they are all relaxed and happy and go back to their lives. The goal is not to rub peoples noses in something they aren't ready for, turn things onto an interesting keel.

• Members

Oh my God, the accent was completely out of control today. It's like Colleen was a full fledged Aussie and that's not a good thing. TS sometimes tries to mask it, but there was absolutely NO effort in today's episode.

QUOTE (Chris B @ Feb 24 2009, 03:34 AM)
IIonly thought Colleen was a good girl when Lyndsy Fonseca was playing her. Leon did bitch well, but it was more spoiled than bitchy. The way Tammin is playing bitch is very one note. I think Leon (or even Fonseca) would be able to add more depth and more brains to where Jack wouldn't have to be pulling the strings. I could see Colleen going to him for help (like Billy), but outright making the moves is clearly because she is too dumb to think on her own. At least in this portrayal.

ICAM. Adrianne Leon would have rocked this storyline. Instead, the bony Aussie is playing one note, like you said. Problem is her note is flat.

I know, right? :rolleyes: I'm actually growing to appreciate them though. It puts a smile on my face. :)

I haven't heard anyone agree with you thusfar and I won't be the first. In fact, I was thinking about my post last week where I said CK & TS were the worst actresses on the soap, and only nuAbby & nuEden could give them a run for their money. I can't believe I forgot how absolutely DREADFUL Eva Marcille is. She just gets worse as time goes by.

She didn't one up anybody on my screen. And she smirked her way through her scenes with Victoria & Nikki today, where it was completely inappropriate.

Now, for Y&R this week: Jeanne Cooper is just awesome (and believe me, I'm no fan). I love it anytime she starts yelling at her kidnappers. I'm also enjoying the Annie Wilkes character. There's a character actress for ya. But I miss Murphy, damn it- we need to see more of him.

Tyra/Ana/Neil/Karen: :rolleyes: The girl who plays Ana is like a space alien or something. She is so damn wide-eyed in all of her scenes that it looks like someone whacked her upside the head with a frying pan before she went to tape. Atrocious. Eva Marcille continues to disappoint and the Tyra character only gets dumber. Plus, I disagree DrewH-I think we ARE seeing psycho Karen this week. I think Karen set this trap with her lie to Tyra knowing full well what Tyra would do. It's going to make it seem even more dire now that they adopt Ana. That Karen is a crafty one. But who the hell would want Alien Kid anyway?

I love the quad, but could Y&R make it anymore painfully obvious that they're toying with swapping relationships between Kevin/Jana/Daniel/Amber? I see some chemistry with Amber/Kevin, but Daniel/Jana have zilch. I still say Daniel/Amber is the money couple.

LOVING JIll so far this week. Her scenes with Esther were a hoot. But she doesn't have chemistry with Jeffrey like she did with William. It's time they bring in a new man for Jill or have her lust after JT or something.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Judith Chapman's performance Tuesday. It's nice when she imbues Gloria with some human qualities. Her relief after realizing she didn't kill Emma Gibson was palatable. It was easily one of my favorite Chapman performances to date.

So far, so good this week, though I'm dying to see some Crazy Sharon!

• Members

Being Australian myself, I can assure you that Colleen's accent today was far from Australian. It may not have been 100% American, but it certainly wasn't Australian. :)

Bony?

I don't get why people bring up AL's weight vs. TS's weight. Personally, I don't measure talent by size. Everyone gets defensive when someone remarks about AL's weight, and yet it's perfectly fine to pick at TS for being 'bony' as you put it.

It makes me wonder if some prefer AL because they want a slightly 'larger' actress in the role, one who looks more like Traci, and not because of talent.

• Members

And while Chloe was fighting for her life, Lily was rolling her eyes at any mention of the baby. Really classy.

I really don't want to get into the discussion about TS this time around..... it's the character that I'm having trouble with. She didn't need to lose her brains so she'd be able to stay in GC.

• Members

I thought so too! The accent was WILD, every time she said a word like "Right" (which should rhyme with Tight) she BOTCHED it HARD. "Roiyt"...good lord.

Eva Marcille is a terrible actress. I don't mind nuAbby so much, the character is an idiot, the actress is playing her as one, fair enough...but oh how I miss Darcy Rose Brynes...the second that kid is old enough, she should come back!

Yep, it's almost like she's had wonky Botox and her mouth just freezes in this dumb smirk. It doesn't make her look clever, it just makes her look thick.

The Katherine scenes are GOLD. Marcia Wallace is terrific! Only distracting thing is, if I'm not watching the TV, I keep thinking one of my staff is watching The Simpsons (Wallace voices Bart's teacher Mrs Crabapple)

Not a Jeanne Cooper fan though..."Dear God In Heaven!"

I have tears in my eyes...that was the single funniest thing I've read in a long time...and what's even better is it's EXACTLY what I've been thinking! Anna pisses me off so much because she looks like a wide eyed hick.

Also, I just re-read that comment (particularly the word "Atrocious") with the voice of Louise Sorel in mind...even better!

I don't know why they want Alien Ana...but I'm all for Karen being a smart, crafty bitch. Nia will rock it if they give her the writing. I just want her to slaughter Tyra.

I'm all for seeing a swinging quad, as long as it is done in a subtle way...Bob & Carole & Ted & Alice was a good movie...but daytime isn't ready for that.

Jill Abbott and Jess Walton are money in the bank. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I do agree that Jill and Jeffrey are chemistry free, that ain't Jill's fault, she's still a sex cat (I want her and Victor to hit the sheets pronto!) it's Jeffrey, he's like a pair of wrinkle free khaki's...dull as hell. His time has come, it's time to move on, ship him off to Korea!

Jill and JT would be HOT.

When she doesn't go over the top, Judith Chapman is a marvelous actress. She's sort of fearless in how she acts, she goes for broke.

I never thought I'd be on board with Crazy Sharon...but I SOOOO am. Sharon Case is knocking it outta the park. I just want Sharon to keep stealing random stuff for the next six months. It's very entertaining and strangely riveting.

• Members

I couldn't agree more.

Crazy Sharon is unbelievable funny but at the same time I'm beyond curious what her motives are or what happened to her post-Brad's death... Sharon Case plays it divine.

This story could on forever with Sharon stealing things. She's either building a shrine or opening her own eBay store soon... :lol:

• Members
We saw things differently bc I hated her performance. JC tends to overact her scenes and this was no exception. She acts as if she's on Broadway and I hate when Gloria goes into her monologues as if she's on stage and projecting to a full auditorium in front of her

Well I dont here it. I think people overexagerate her here

• Members

Lol it's like the biggest mystery to me honestly. I've never had a moment where I'm like, "OMFG her accent is horrible".

It's not there. I don't even know why people bring it up....

Anyways I don't see how Lily was evil for not caring about Chloe while giving birth. It's funny if she were truly evil she would have not called her Aunt Olivia. She would have just walked away and left the hot mess that was Chloe in the cabin with the liar Billy.

Lily did all she could for Chloe and then some. Seriously I know some people are on the Chloe Love Train but really just because a character wasn't all enthusiastic about the birth doesn't mean she committed some crime. Lily is completely entitled to her feelings regarding Chloe and the baby.

• Members

You're absolutely right- I shouldn't have been so quick to criticize her weight like that. It's just that she's so incredibly thin, it scares me at times. Girl could use a cheeseburger, no?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I liked AL better in the role because she was a better actress, not because of her weight.

• Members

THAT'S why her voice is so familiar to me. Probably why I keep thinking she's going to call Clint "Seymour"! :lol:

:blink: Are you two even listening to her talk? That accent came out on practically every other word on Tuesday. It was completely distracting to the point where I was questioning if Colleen was now Australian. Yes, I'm sure it helps that I know the actress is an Aussie, but how ANYONE couldn't notice it on Tuesday is beyond me.

• Members

What exactly do the bi-laws at Newman state?

If Brad's daughter can legally assume his seat on the board, can't Victor push for Abby to take the seat, so that Victor can still have that seat "in his pocket"? It would also put Abby between her new father and her sister, which could make for good drama. And it could damage the growing Victor/Abby relationship if she feels Victor is using her.

Is it an age issue, is Abby not old enough?

• Members

Word. Just word. And the conversation with Victoria and Nikki didn't help at all either. the character now loses IQ points every time she opens her mouth.

Gawd I love JC and her scenes this week. Seriously, she makes me feel for Gloria. And I'm really enjoying the Katherine stuff--I thought it was going to be really campy with the castings but I love it.

I really love how they have Billy stepping up without losing the character--he struggles with it all, but at the same time you see him want to do the same thing. I also like that Chloe is admitting what she did---it doesn't excuse it, but it's a step with the character.

My frustration with that whole story is the writing for Cane, and how DG is playing him. Cane's on a war path for custody and everything--and while he's got every reason for anger at Chloe, it's being played as if Cane didn't do a dang thing wrong for 9 months. And the playing of Cane as the rightious man is annoying---and really just makes me want to have him fall on his face even more.

• Members

To be fair to Cane -- what has he got to be sorry about? Look, I *love* Chloe and Liz Hendricksen, have done since she arrived at Y&R. But Chloe pretended to seduce a man so blind drunk he was passed out in his car. She mounted him in said car. She lied about the baby's paternity, paid off hospital staff to lie about the date of conception, and trapped Cane into a loveless marriage when he was clearly unhappy and pining after Pwincess Lily. He does have every reason to be righteous. I would like to see Chloe actually act sorry for what she did instead of so flippant -- and try and make things right. Then I think I would love her even more.

The problem with this SL is not the pay-off, which has been great and was probably the point of the SL the moment that Billy Miller was cast. The point is that the SL started off as such a shambles. Chloe becoming Kate was a good move but definitely a mid-stream rewrite and could do little to lift the soap cliché of "interloper uses pregnancy to break up couple." I mean, how many times has Days done this SL?! And they did it better! TPTB tried to ease things by having the pregnancy not turn out to be Cane's but this still begs the question -- why would Chloe be so cruel as to destroy Cane & Lily's relationship? It's not like she even has the hots for Cane. Yes, I know she wanted to get back at the Chancellors and that Billy was a no-show daddy but still... the premise has been weak.

On another note... maybe Cane is going to turn bad and vengeful? Something about Daniel Goddard tells me he could play that. There has been a question-mark over Cane's motives ever since that phone call in the Chancellor mansion when he mysteriously declared "I'm in."

• Members

Oh, same here! I love how ordinary and downright dumb these crims are -- without becoming totally cartoony. It's like the same kind of people who think they can go on Judge Judy and win, you know? I also really like the rapport (or "wapporrrrrrrt" as Kay would say) between Annie and Katherine.

Archived