Y&R: Week of February 23, 2009

• Members
Now that's funny! Count me in on the party that would like to see what Leon could have done with this material and yes, her Colleen did have brains. They recast the brains right out of this character and it's obviously only to suit Sursok's acting skills.Ha! I thought the same thing and I've actually seen pictures of Greg wearing this type of scarf IRL! Am I beginning to see Jana/Daniel and Kevin/Amber become closer and more on the others sides as in swapping partners? Anyone else notice this?

Jill/Jeff did nothing for me. She was hotter with Wharton and Ji Min.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

moving on---Cane has always kind of annoyed me, but having him go after Chloe know really annoys me with the holier than though attidue--considering he spent months having moments with Lily while married to Chloe--he's no better than the rest of them, and I hate that they play it like that.

• Members

What love? Lily looks at that BABY like something she picked up, on the bottom of her foot, walking down the street.

Like I said, revolutionize daytime, bring in a swinging quad!

As for SuckLean, she can just go away, like yesterday. No amount of Jack, and Ashley and Billy and Victor scenes will her more interesting.

• Members

Lol I know right!? I really thought it was real for a moment until they started ganging up on her...

The quad isn't a new concept but the one that Y&R is hinting at with Daniel/Jana/Kevin/Amber would be amazingly great!

Why should Lily be thrilled about the baby? I know I wouldn't be....

I mean I don't know why you're suprised BadZoe. Jill asked her if she wanted to hold the baby last week and she declined. Lily should not and and does not have to feel any emotional attachment to the child. Yes the child is innocent and can't help her parentage. However it is a reminder of what she and Cane once had (which I didn't find to be that special) and is also a reminder of the lies that Chloe has perpetrated on her. So I don't fault Lily for not jumping over the hills regarding Delia.

• Members

I so agree. What makes this storyline baffling is that there isn't even a degree of truth in it. Neil is a senior VP at Newman and he can't get a lawyer of calibre to resprensent Tyra and get full custody? When a child is removed, the first person that authorities go to is family. Courts are stringent regarding children, but the facts of the case make it clear who should be raising Anna. At the very least, a courtroom scene showing a heavy-handed judge being completely unsympathetic, but even then a person with Neil's resources could appeal and file all sorts of motions in order to get custody of anna for Tyra. It would be inconceivable to imagine Victor or Jack in this sort of predicament - and that's a huge issue for me cause Neil's not quite Newman or Abbott status, but he's certainly up there.

And I don't buy for a second that Karen wouldn't tell Neil she saw them smooching - and why the hell did we just see that same storyline with P/Shick? They've spent so many months laying the foundation of this Neil/Karen/Tyra story but we still know nothing about these women that we didn't know from the get-go. I hope MAB has something cool planned for this domestic snoozefest of a story. It's really quite perplexing if you think about the wonders she's done with every other fabric of the show.

• Members

But the truth of the matter is however that no matter what she does with either character they'll never hold a candle to Dru.

Sorry but neither woman appeals to me. Tyra is a little bit more interesting but only cuz she's recognizable from ANTM (which I love religiously). However it's all just dead weight right now. I don't even care what happens to Ana. I know I should but I really don't. And I didn't feel at all bad for Karen when Neil kissed Tyra but at the same time it wasn't like when Phick first started where I was practically screaming in delight at how much chemistry JM and MS had.

The whole thing is just stupid to me on that level. Just ignoring the legal side of it the romance, the pull, the intrigue is just not there.

Archived