Y&R: Week of February 23, 2009

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Abby being a minor is a major issue. She could only give someone her proxy; here comes in what Y&R did: Colleen was named representative of Abby's trust and therefore would control any money/shares left by Brad for Abby resulting in Colleen having full control over everything that was Brad's. Of course you can't inherit a job - like being a board-member - but that's another issue. I won't quibble over the writer's answer that "it's in the Newman by-laws". Ludicrous, but hey, it's a soap after all; a well-written one but still.

• Members

I'm not going to go so far as to say she rocked it, but it was nice watching her put Ashley in her place. Good for her for telling Ash that if she's so worried about this feud, then she should go talk to Victor. Ashley is so blind where Victor is concerned it's ridiculous. It's making me dislike her character more than ever. Did you notice that all she did in her scenes with Victor about this was shake her head? I mean, seriously, it's as though she was saying "Oh well, Victor will be Victor. And he's SO cute." :rolleyes:

Can anybody tell me if the state of Wisconsin has a law stating that if you're married to a pregnant woman, you're automatically declared the baby's father? Who the hell is this attorney giving Cane advice anyway?

Jill had even more zingers today. LOVE her referring to Chloe as trash. Ladies and gentleman, Jill Abbott is back and is as fierce as ever. Jess Walton has amazing presence.

And is Sharon bonkers throwing those books into her bag? What was she thinking? But I LOVED her annoyance at Jack's phone call- he's as pathetic as sis Ashley is with Victor, where Sharon is concerned. NuEden is slowly getting a bit better. Don't like her yet, but she's improving.

Cane is driving me absolutely nuts lately, and I've sort of liked the character for a while now. I understand his connection to the baby, but he's taking everything so far. I didn't enjoy his little monologue about talking to the baby while Chloe was pregnant and how the baby recognizes his voice. PUH-LEEZE! The only thing I did like that he said was that Chloe would roll her eyes while he was doing it.

• Members

As other posters, I would like to say that I don't have anything against Cane feeling hurt for what Chloe did to him. He does have the right to be mad and to do silly things while trying to get his life on track. The thing that does bother me (aside from Goddard's portrayal overall) is Cane pretending to be above everyone, the only man that knows how to do everything right. If this is a way to get Cane to show his dark side than I'm fine, otherwise it won't be good.

And Chloe should definitely show remorse for what she did. At least for a few seconds.

• Members

Why do you don't want it to happen? Because you don't want her to be there "for years"? Or simply because you don't want to see the character show remorse?

I believe the writers want us to think that those scenes where she confesses that she was reckless with the cream were remorse. Whenever she starts crying and breaking down, that is probably what remorse is suppose to be. But it lasts a second.

• Members

Victor's going to eat Colleen alive! I have sympathy for her, but I would have preferred the character leave and come back abit older and more prepared to take on VN. I'm suggesting the actress isn't capable.

And after yesterday, I'm loving Gloria!!! I was ready to cry with her when it was revealed she's not a killer.

Archived