The Politics Thread

• Members

Clearly these aren't very private conversations if people are snickering about them on Twitter. 

I imagine Congress would be happy to do it if they can because that means they and the media can welcome their forever friend Mike Pence into power for 8-12 years.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not going to get worked up until we see the language. Most of Trump's EOs are meaningless theatre. Once you read them you see they direct agencies to "review," "examine," or "research" something. They are full of the kind of Dilbertesque double-speak that is rife in the corporate world. The ones with any teeth immediately bump up against the courts. Every time Trump loses the White House doubles down on going after groups they hate as a way of ginning up the base. They ratchet up ICE raids, toss around some anti-abortion mess or start talking about ways to beat up on the LGBT community.

• Members

Same.

Besides, Trump, as...mediocre as he is, is just part of the problem.  There are a VP and about a thousand congressmen who need to be removed as well.

Okay.  So maybe Mike Pence isn't in the closet (although I still have my doubts).  But take my word for it: that man is hiding something.

• Members

This is why I had to roll my eyes and scoff when some people were bragging about the Stock market surge or the supposed rise in the Consumer Confidence Index (CCI) because these things rarely reflect what is truly going on in real life.

The reality is that the uncertainty of Trump's policies and his unstable temperament has been causing people to be more cautious and ambivalent in their discretionary spending. Many have been tightening the purse strings.

Retail stores continue to close by the hundreds while Trumpists focus solely on the coal industry.

Yes, some of these changes may happen regardless of who is in the WH but Trump's lack of focus and instability is accelerating what might normally be a yearslong regression.

Trump likes to talk but there's an old saying: "Money talks and..."

US auto sales slump 4.7% in April

U.S. Auto Boom Seems to Be History, Just as Trump Counted on Jobs

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I hope that will be the case here, but I get the feeling these legal groups that peddle in finding the most effective ways to make hate and fear difficult to roll back have been working on this for a while. Even the one in Indiana was only stopped because of business boycotts. 

• Members

After these past 8 years, I can totally believe them aiding and abetting treason. They just want absolute power despite not seeing that all this aiding in helping Trump remain in office is gonna be the detriment of their party and put a stain on their party's history. No longer can they toss up so called 'beacons' like Reagan or Lincoln as ways to define their party while cutting for Trump. The GOP is corrupt to core. 

• Members

So there is a rumor going around Capital Hill that the democrats actually want this house bill passed(the senate has already said they aren't passing it without a lot of revisions that would alienate the freedom caucus yet again) because they want moderate GOPers that vote for it  on record for 2018 elections.