The Politics Thread

• Members

I called Rep. Joyce this morning to let him know that even though I don't live in his district, I would be more than happy to drive in every week and work on his defeat in 2018. He voted no.

Portman is supposed to be in Cleveland tomorrow for a program on human trafficking. He's got to be crapping his pants right now. It's bad enough he'll be in Ohio but bright blue Cleveland? He'll probably have to drink his dinner just to get out of the car.

Edited by marceline

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here is a guide to some things we can do to help stop this atrocity.

http://www.indivisibleguide.com/stop-trumpcare/

Robert Reich posted this, which I find hopeful and didn't realize:

To become law, Trumpcare has to go through 4 additional steps:

1. Pass an amended version in the Senate
2. Go to “conference“ to hammer out differences between the House and Senate
3. Pass in the House again
4. Pass in the Senate again

• Members

Kasich is gearing up to run in 2020 isn't he? He's he only prominent GOPer that has stayed away from all of this and has been a cautious supporter of the ACA. I have no interest in seeing another ideologue in the white house(we have Pence there now).

Our Governor Rauner in Il a GOP idiot. He indirectly slammed all of the R's in Illinois who voted for this(Rauner is running for re-election in 2018) but he never make any kind of statement on this before the vote, knowing it would have likely ginned up more opposition to the new bill. He's a coward http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20170504/NEWS03/170509917/house-passes-obamacare-repeal. He does this now so he can tell people he was against Trumpcare when election season comes.

• Members

He says he doesn't plan to but he said the same thing about 2016. Of course if he said he was planning to run in 2020, Kasich would basically be saying either that he wants to make Donnie a one term president. I think Kasich is just in wait-and-see mode because anything can happen over the next three years.

• Members

Oh, there's been a few Twitter posts from Trump supporters that make me think they're not up on government processes. One had a GIF of a tombstone with Obamacare's "death" dated today. Naturally, as a concerned citizen I had to inform them that was premature and it still needs to pass the Senate. Hee.

• Members

I may have my issues with Sanders and I am not crazy about Chris Hayes constantly being in the tank for him(Maddow and O'Donnell actually have a variety of serving democrats on) but I have to agree with Sanders on this that this was not a healthcare bill but a huge tax cut. But I love the part at the end when they got Trump saying that the Australians have better healthcare. I hope they do use this quote from Trump. They should actually put it in ads and run it in areas Trump won

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-touts-australias-health-system-bernie-sanders-delight