The Politics Thread

• Members

@MissLlanviewPA, Angela Rye just got done having a discussing with Van on CNN where he still (adamantly) expressed Trump as being 'presidential.' He claims that the Trump we saw was a 'new Trump.' Apparently, Trump has some new playbook and we liberals ought to be fearful. 

Please register in order to view this content

If only Trump was truly that complex. All it takes is for Alec Baldwin to mock Trump on Twitter on Saturday, and Trump will back to his old tactics. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Russia has actually been testing the Trump administration repeatedly since he got into office, so this latest manuever doesn't surprise me. The Russians are frustrated with "their" little Trump not doing what was expected of him.

The Russian spy ship off the coast of the Atlantic, about 30 sea miles away from a CT naval base/military academy was one provocation.

Before that the Russian fighter jets flying dangerously close to U.S. Navy destroyer in the Black Sea.

And don't forget conducting missile tests in violation of an arms treaty.

I also expect that Russia will be looking for ways to test Trump on the Crimea/Ukraine issue as well.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

There's no new playbook. They upped Trumps meds enough that he was able to stand for an hour and read a telelprompter. (Remember when reading from a teleprompter was a sign of incompetence?) It's amazing to see the folks in Trumpworld suddenly decide Van Jones and CNN are best thing in the world when just yesterday it was fake news.

• Members

It's been buried somewhere but there was a story about Trump's lawyer and a Ukrainian official and some sort of plan that the lawyer either passed along or was supposed to pass along to Trump.

He's already dreaming those big dreams the presidential one told him to dream.  The new playbook is for Trump to say the same things in a different tone so that easy media sycophants can swear that Trumptopia is real.  Wake me up when their delusions have worn off....on second thought...

• Members

What amazes me is that anybody anywhere thinks that something will change this man. He's been this way his whole life. He's a bigoted, perverse grifter who has simply been protected from the consequences of his personal and professional failures. I'm just trying to figure out who's going to end him: Putin, the intelligence community or the military because the Joint Chiefs looked like they wanted to whoop his ass. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Dow Jones breaks 21,000 after Trump’s speech to Congress

Dow 21,000 matches the fastest 1,000-point milestone in history - MarketWatch

That was fast! The Dow Jones Industrial Average on Wednesday closed above 21,000 for the first time ever, soaring to a psychologically significant level and marking one of its quickest runs to such a milestone.

Details around those reforms are still scant but investors appeared to be heartened by the tone Trump established during his address in front of joint session of Congress in a State of the Union-style speech late Tuesday.

The Dow DJIA, +1.46% is up 15.2% since Trump’s Nov. 8 election victory, the S&P 500 index SPX, +1.37% has gained nearly 11%, while the Nasdaq Composite Index COMP, +1.35% has advanced 13.7% during that period.

• Members

Military Officers Aren’t Happy With Trump’s Tribute To A Fallen Navy SEAL

Interesting, the difference in the narrative that the media is pushing versus how military responded to those optics and what Trump said. Appeared exploitative and opportunistic from the clip that I saw this morning.

• Members

Good for them. They shouldn't have to put up with his [!@#$%^&*]. I'm sure he will play the martyr, as he always does, and manage to get a sweet deal somewhere else. He's such a fake and a worthless senator and the sad thing is I think most voters likely know it and they still voted him back in.

• Members

The title makes it sound more sordid than the actual story.  By labeling it an affair, the writer clearly wants readers to draw the conclusion that he was cheating on his wife with his sister-in-law and they got caught.  But it's written more as two in-laws bonding as a result of their shared grief.  It's not an ideal situation and may be especially difficult for the kids.  Now if this was actually going on before the brother died then they may have a lot more to work out.

I saw it as exploitative--especially considering what he said about her husband looking down on them from heaven and being happy.  He's a disgrace and this is probably the main reason those media Trumpbots are all giddy over his "change."  They didn't really hear him use her husband's memory to excuse how it was rushed in order for him to score points by using it as an example of how he's keeping his promise to wipe out Islamic radicals.  Had it been deemed a success there wouldn't have been one word about how Obama set it up, it would have been all about how that annoying eedjit is done another thing he said he would do in less than 20 days.