The Politics Thread

• Members

I'm sorry, but I am NOT here for CNN (mainly Van Jones), selling this falsehood that Trump sounded the least bit presidential tonight b/c he didn't. He sounded like his usual self--lying and twisting facts. This speech won't mean sh-t in 24hrs anyways b/c he'll do something stupid much like he did after his inaugural speech. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, it won't last. The media is having its occasional bout of desperation for Trump to pivot and return things to normal in the Beltway - just like multiple instances last year. It never lasts, he's too insane. They'll be back at him in a day or two.

As for Van Jones, he needs a break from the cameras to get his head together.

• Members

I'm not worried about Trump b/c I expect something else to p*ss him off within the next 48hrs via Twitter. 

When it comes to Van, I am over him. I was over him before for the nasty, sly dig he made at Michelle awhile back, but tonight further solidified it. But I am gonna keep it cute and remain on mute when it comes to him b/c I really wanna dig into his a** right now.

• Members

I keep seeing people talk about how much empathy and compassion Trump showed tonight. I'll confess I couldn't watch, but I'll never believe he posses those traits. Not after everything we've seen from him. Maybe he can fake it for a few mins, so can many psychopaths.

• Members

Look at the wife of one of the key extremists in the House, doing her best to sink even the slightest effort at doing anything but completely gutting Obamacare. (yes I know Ryan's plan isn't any good either) Let's see if those people who viciously attacked Michelle Obama for focusing on "Communist" school lunches and vegetable gardens make a peep.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/meadows-ryan-obamacare-repeal-235518

Meanwhile, people are asking Trump to do something about North Korea. I notice they don't say what, because honestly, what the hell CAN you do? Personally I have no desire to see Trump get involved here...to say the least.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/trump-is-doing-nothing-about-north-korea-214840

• Members

I hope he or someone who sits on him just keeps on ignoring it, because the alternative is terrifying. He's so easily distracted and his main distraction is hating Mexico and the media. Once he gets bored with that, who knows.

• Members

This is why I  couldn't bother listening to Trump's speech last night. Until he publicly and firmly disavows these people, I don't need to hear another lie coming out of that man's mouth. It would be a waste of my time and of particular insult on the very last day of BHM.

More Than Half of Trump’s Retweets Are White Supremacists Praising Him

• Members

I didn't watch the speech because I can't stand listening to or watching him.  His constant gesturing with his fingers is annoying and his mouth moving like some blowfish/puffer fish is horrible to see.  Then the lies, exaggerations, and hyperbole...

Van Jones is the perfect "analyst" for CNN.  They want to go back to the days when they helped him campaign by trying to paint him as a benign okay guy.  I need to stop clicking on their site.

Even if he ever does, I still would not listen to him.  It would be totally meaningless.  Was there a reason for him to mention Chicago, et al., if not to keep his racist message going about "urban" areas disguised in the pretense that he is going to fix things? I am sure the fix is to kill the "troublemakers."  And he finally got around to mentioning Kansas without acknowledging that a man was killed and why because the "Islamic radicals" are the biggest killers in this nation according to his delusional experts.

Yesterday morning a drone strike which is said to have resulted in the death of a Syrian terrorist leader was mentioned on the news radio station to which I listen.  Maybe details will surface in a few days.  If it went well, it'll be because of Trump and if it didn't then he'll blame Obama and the generals again.

• Members

@Wales2004 Don't get me wrong, I will never believe anything rolling off that forked tongue but at times, in order to hold someone accountable for the claims they make, you will have to hear/read the words coming out of that person's mouth.

Reading would be less painful but sometimes it is vital to see the speaker as they are making these claims- I do believe body language imparts a lot of  information that is not always imparted verbally.

• Members

I watched the first 40 minutes or so.  He wasn't at all impressive and given his behavior over the last year and a half, I didn't believe a word of it.  

That being said, he did make some very lofty statements and some were a lot more inclusive than anything he's ever said.  I can understand how one might feel a little more comfortable with him after that speech.  Look, for me, I've learned to live by and find immense truth in actions speaking louder than words.  For the people on the opposite end of that belief, they will like what he said.  That's all I'm saying.  In fact, I will be surprised if he doesn't see a bump in his poll numbers in the coming days.

He's horrible.  

• Members

Minimum wage hikes force Wendy’s to install Self-Order kiosks at 1,000 stores

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-wendys-kiosk-20170227-story.html

These kinds of self-serve machines and related technology could drastically change the way the $230-billion fast-food industry operates, analysts said. With minimum wages rising — to $15 in some parts of the country, including California — many chains are looking at ways to slash labor costs.

At Wendy's, Chief Information Officer David Trimm said that customers and franchisees have taken a liking to the kiosks.

“You will see customers deliberately going to those kiosks directly, bypassing lines," Trimm said during the company’s investor day Feb. 16. “Some customers clearly prefer to use the kiosks.”

There’s “a huge amount” of demand among franchisees, who will shell out about $15,000 for three kiosks, Trimm said. Wendy’s has estimated that the cost will be recouped in less than two years, he said.