Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This has been an interesting day so far. Manchin went out on the Sunday shows to do his typical pageantry, and instead got pressed by more than one major anchor about specifics he didn't have re: the bill. Manchin doesn't usually get that pushback treatment in the gaggles on the Hill when the Capitol correspondents fawn over him like Prom King. I think the wind is not at his back atm, given some of the behavior of late from the WH (and Pelosi). I think he's going to have a tougher time doing his dance this month.

• Members

I tend to agree with @Wendyas  Manchin is clearly desperate for any and every reason to convince himself obstruction is the ideal (as it makes him feel special and noble). We'll see if anything can happen before it's too late. 

I imagine most of you have already heard or seen Rose McGowan's incoherent, pathetic team-up with Larry Elder to spread incomprehensible conspiracy theories about Gavin Newsom's family. This is a chilling example of just how much  the lunatic far right of talk radio and Youtube has taken over the GOP. I've heard people say the GOP has not spent any money on this race, it's all good for them, and so on, but with a stronger candidate and a coherent race, they might have had a  chance against what many used to excoriate as a San Fran limousine liberal. Instead they are just complete and total lunatics. It's terrifying.

Edited by DRW50