The Politics Thread

• Members

I just feel like this happens over and over and over. I am reminded of when the GOP and the media created a crisis over ebola in 2014, and Obama/Democrats ended up paying the price even though they had done little wrong. I don't know if people are going to ever wake up, until it's too late. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Mark Warner is one of the Democrats who has  hidden behind Joe Mahchin in killing various reforms. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them were the  senators who supposedly were not thrilled about winning the majority this year. They all sat back and let Trump do anything he wanted - that was easier for them, meant they could spend more time chatting with GOP friends on Manchin's houseboat and touring the Sunday talk shows.  With a Democrat in the White House, they have to show how "bipartisan" they are, and play into right wing hands.  

• Members

Going into Young Turks mode by posting a Biden interview that the Right are having a fit about. The US should've pulled out of Afghanistan years ago. 

Going into Joe Rogan mode and posting a Trump interview reacting to the Afghanistan withdrawal.

• Members

Again, iterating that the biggest mistake the U.S. made was to go into Afghanistan and Iraq in the first place. A mess from the very beginning. Trump made a mess in his attempts to negotiate a "deal" with the Taliban, the way he tried to negotiate a "deal" with China, the way he tried to negotiate a "deal" with North Korea. These right-wing media outlets, and some mainstream media are derelict in their duty, as they seem to want to cherry pick examples of disastrous diplomacy. Hopefully people don't continue to fall for it. If they do, that's unfortunate for them.

• Members

Had that man been darker-skinned like "Arab-looking" or Black, he would have never made it out of that truck alive. America claims now to understand that the biggest terrorist threat is that of white supremacists, but just seems to give lip service to the matter. Media outlets are already putting out stories of a grieving son. I expected nothing less.

Not to belabor the Afghanistan departure issue, but one aspect that befuddles me is that, I could've sworn a couple months ago, it was announced that flights out of Afghanistan for diplomats and translators, U.S. and Afghani and their families would begin in the second week of July. Why are there so many people still trying to get out? Supposedly, some Americans are in that number. If this is true, how did this happen?