Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Neither are the Sunday shows which have been out of touch for years. Beltway gossip and nothing about what impacts the daily lives of people - COVID, Voting rights, Gun reform, Climate Change, childcare, eldercare, and the list goes on.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Unfortunately, it's not just Twitter. Many of the largest newspapers have been relentless in the "what if" style of reportage.

Even glancing at the newspapers (I rarely watch television news that's not hyper local) the coverage of Afghanistan is breathless reportage of every single aspect, including minutiae). I mostly skip those headlines. Needless to say it takes a lot less time to read the newspapers these days.

The media needs to be more diligent in trying to better inform people against misinformation, which is a 'battle' that is being lost in real time.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I don't think the media cares about diligence at this point, if they ever did - they make too  much money from their books and feel too important and strong and noble from war coverage. That Briana Keller person on CNN defensively snapping at an article about how Biden's people are  put off by the hawkish coverage says it all.

They need and want Republican domination, and they will do their best to keep driving down Biden's poll numbers to get it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/afghanistan-troop-removal-biden-approval-opinion-poll/

• Members

I don't watch CNN or any cable news (every now and then I will see something that piques my interest on their Twitter pages, but I generally avoid "talking heads") and what I will watch is mostly PBS. Cable news is a wasteland. Some major newspapers are nearly as bad, except for sections where you can still find decent quality reporting (e.g. NYT Metro).

• Members

This is turning into an embarrassment for Beltway media who, in addition to cheering for war at the behest of their longstanding contacts in the brass, fiercely hoped this or the infrastructure bill could be the first big Biden scandal after months of 'boring.'

Edited by Vee