• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ava DuVernay who created/directed the miniseries "When They See Us"
which is about the Exonerated Five (aka the Central Park Five).
This pic shows her and the real-life Exonerated Five who attended the Emmys with her.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Where I live.  I'm from Western Loudoun but now live in Eastern Loudoun which is more Liberal.  Western Loudoun has a lot of racism and generally Conservative although it's starting to flip.  John Mosby was big around Loudoun. They won't talk about it but it's true.  To their credit they did pull the Confederate statue from the courthouse grounds.  But yes, out there there are a lot of people still use the term "Colored" in Loudoun.  

• Members

Until now, YouTube had been the only remaining major social media platform not to have suspended Trump in some fashion.

Facebook has suspended Trump's account "indefinitely," while Twitter has banned Trump completely.

YouTube is suspending Trump's channel for at least one week, and potentially longer, after his channel earned a strike under the platform's policies, the company said Tuesday evening.

(the article does NOT say anything about deleting all the existing content,
Youtube has only removed a specific vid.

They are only preventing new vids from being uploaded,

and also they are preventing commenting on existing vids.)

full story:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/tech/youtube-trump-suspension/index.html

A recent video on Trump's channel had incited violence, YouTube told CNN Business. That video has now been removed.

YouTube declined to share details of the video that earned Trump the strike, but said that after the one-week timeout, it will revisit the decision. YouTube also removed content from the White House's channel for violating policy, the company told CNN Business, but the channel itself has not been suspended or been given a strike -- just a warning.

"After careful review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to the Donald J. Trump channel and issued a strike for violating our policies for inciting violence," a YouTube spokesperson said in a statement. "As a result, in accordance with our long-standing strikes system, the channel is now prevented from uploading new videos or livestreams for a minimum of seven days—which may be extended."

YouTube also said it will be taking the extra step of disabling comments underneath videos on Trump's channel.

Under YouTube's policies, earning a second strike will result in a two-week suspension and three strikes will result in a permanent ban.

New twitter thread:

Brian Fung @b_fung
More: YouTube tells me the company also removed content from the White House’s official channel for violating policy. Doesn’t sound like it earned a strike but I’m asking. 

Content that’s similar to the violative posts and lack context will also be removed, the company said.

Brian Fung @b_fung
YouTube tells me that although content was removed from it, the official White House channel has not been suspended or been given a strike -- just a warning. If further violative content gets uploaded there, it would be eligible for a strike under YouTube policies, I'm told.

Brian Fung @b_fung
Been trying to figure out which video it was that triggered the enforcement. 

YouTube tells me that it was comments he made to press yesterday morning. From my notes, though, he spoke to reporters twice -- from the south lawn of the White House and again at Joint Base Andrews.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

my goodness. 

my deepest thanks for explaining this. I didn't go off, but people still openly using that word.....

what he said yesterday sealed his fate. his business, what remains of it, is in shambles. his name is now forever toxic. his children followed him down into oblivion....

and I just read where a GOP senator who backed the "stolen election" stuff is now giving up his honorary degree from a college after they received 2500 signatures calling for it to be taken away from him. it took 51 years of my life....but these republicans are finally where they should be.