The Politics Thread

• Members

I don't worship them. But in this election, the adage, "The enemy of my enemy..." has indeed been useful. That being said, I have no illusions in the end. But I can at least sort of respect TRUE conservatives instead of Trumpublicans, even if I disagree with them. The Lincoln GOP'ers seem to at least give the illusion that they have SOME sort of lines they won't cross.

Still, I know this is a temporary truce. But as long as it accomplishes the goal, I won't complain. Too much is at stake.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Mark Meadows is like some offshoot from House of Cards...he's exactly the poisonous chief of staff that Trump deserves. 

Looks like Republicans are catching up in Florida early vote. Biden has a slim chance due to his support from seniors, but after this, I really hope the party can find a way to move on from Florida in Presidential years and not look back.

• Members

You read that article from Politico. Whenever I read a party talking about internal polling I always wonder. But in general I agree with you. Democrats would be better off working in places like Georgia, Arizona, and boosting efforts in North Carolina going forward.  And Texas, where the problem has always been low turnout.  A real investment there could make a difference. Beto  showed that. And it's pretty likely Beto runs for Governor there in 2022.

• Members

2016 I give a pass on but I am with you on 2018. I think this year is unique due to the pandemic. I don't know how the party affiliation works in Florida when they talk about dems vs goper casting ballots, but when I read The Villages had a 40% advantage for Trump in 2016 and is now dead even,  I think the chances are a bit better. But honestly after 2000 I never count on Florida for anything for democrats. I personally think the state is a cesspool.

• Members

Black men voting has become a recent topic of conversation but seems to entirely ignore the recent group of former felons who have fought to register to vote after having fought to have their right to vote restored.

I would be interested to know how their votes figure into things.