Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you Carl. I found this one too, but if I were standing in line I think pizza would be what I'd want.

https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/fuel-the-vote

Looks like Pizza to the polls is legitimate.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/25/660436884/long-line-to-vote-a-pizza-delivery-service-will-send-a-pie-to-crowded-polling-pl

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

I see that sky is falling narrative has shifted from 2016 to 2000 and with Barrett being confirmed. The SOTCUS siding with the GOP in the Wisconsin case and Trump signaling that he wants votes to be counted no later than Nov 3 and it's going to be ramped up to infinity. Trump is laying the seeds to not have mail in ballots counted and once he's up in the election, he and the networks will declare himself the winner. 

Edited by sivad40

• Members

If you want to call it that, then yes I am. I plan on voting tomorrow  (I live in a swing state)  straight Democrat,  and then I'm staying away from politics as best as I can until next Wednesday. I doubt I can totally filter out politics though.

• Members

Not that this race is likely to come down to late mail ballots, but this might end up effecting Republican ballots more so than Democratic ones. Democrats have been extremely persistent about voting early and making sure that mail ballots are turned in immediately.

• Members

Pretty much, yes. The best to hope for is that people can keep a close eye on Republican officials and dirty tricksters who will on top of voter suppression, make Democratic ballots disappear and hope against hope that it will not be tight on the day. As it is now, we are in a position where there's a huge chance Trump will be ahead in a number of key states at midnight on Election Day, and he simply has to say he's won, then wait for the SCOTUS to agree. The media needs him in power for their revenue, so they will go along. 

• Members

There was some talk about Bloomberg not agreeing to the requests of Democrats to help with the Senate. I guess that is due to 'bipartisan' reasons, but it does make sense to throw some money at Texas and Ohio, as those are bonus states and they could also catch Trump's people off guard in Ohio (they just moved their director there to PA).

Disgusting. (his opponent's campaign is linked in the replies - no idea if she has any shot)