The Politics Thread

• Members

I've always remembered you mentioning these things a few years ago, so I'm never surprised when he says crazy things.  Allowing himself to be so easily compromised though, ugh. Not just in this particular situation, but all the stuff with Russia, my God. He is dumber than a box of rocks. That's the part that I find so unreal and I truly do wonder if he's gone soft in the head. Maybe he's just a $ell out.

Edited by Juliajms

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree Fooliani has always been loathsome...but I don't have much use for Sacha Baron Cohen yet again playing these attention whore games with right wing grifters, sucking up media space for tricks that can inadvertently make them seem like victims of a setup or gotcha. He did this with Sarah Palin too a few years ago. He is just too exhausting and feels like he should have been left back to 15 years ago.

• Members

Giuliani was elected to office along racially polarized lines and he appealed to the most racist New Yorkers. When conservatives go on and on about how liberal New York is it goes to show how uninformed they are. Staten Island and parts of Queens are as conservative as parts of the Midwest, but just urbanized.

• Members

Honestly, I could care less about whatever enterprise SBC has got going but Rudy is so drunk off his supposed proximity to power that he didn't see the trap and FWIW, Stevie Wonder could've seen that trap coming.

Marisa Tomei, God bless her once remarked that Giuliani wasn't for New Yorkers, he was for the tourists and the wealthy. That people could ever believe that Rudy was for the "common man", I just...am speechless.

Someone once told me that Rudy was a jerk but he got things done. I would have liked to have spoken to that person again when NYC was in a recession by the final months of Rudy's mayoralty. Oh well, at least most of his supporters also knew he was a jerk too.