The Politics Thread

• Members

I can't believe these are the candidates. Only caring about tearing each other apart, pandering to a road to nowhere, saying nothing of value but trying to either scream it as loud as possible or delivering it like they watched too many Bill Clinton speeches circa 1992. 

I can't wait until this godawful primary is over and most of these people go back to taking money for doing nothing and I can pretend they don't exist. 

At this point it's likely to just come down to Bernie and Biden anyway. I will vote for Biden and hope for the best. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She has no real chance either way. The claims of her being abusive toward her staff and her hollow platitudes did her in. Pete has no chance of winning either, because he has no support outside of rich white old people. She's fighting for the chance to crash out post-NH instead of winning.

Neither of them should have run. The number of times she tried to claim that people should vote for her because she won a Congressional district of an ex-Congresswoman most voters have never heard of said it all. And he's just a vanity candidate. 

Selfish people who run for President just to get cash are one of the reasons this country is falling apart. 

• Members

I thought this was a better debate than the others and I think it's because the stage is not as crowded. I would prefer Harris was there over almost anyone on that stage. Biden actually had a good night. 

The thing about Klobuchar is she does work in the senate. It's more than I can say for St. Bernard. And I like Buttigieg, in maybe 8 years.

The mistake I made was to listen to the pundits on CNN. I have stayed off of cable for close to 4 months for the most part and they are clueless, condescending, and insufferable. Van Jones, Cuomo, and Axelrod equally insufferable. None of them have any clue what they are talking about. That much is clear and that people listen to them, it's no wonder our politics are terribly broken. Lord Axelrod in particular who lives in Chicago and went all out for 18% approval rating Rahm Emmanuel who didn't run because of his disastrous second term, led by his cover-up of the Laquan McDonald tape. Add in his partnership with Karl Rove, I find him almost as despicable at this point.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

These individual accounts of people victimized by criminals that Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin has just chosen to pardon are enraging. Reading about the mother of a girl who had been sexually assaulted when she was 9, collapsing to the floor upon hearing the news that the perpetrator had just left prison on a pardon is making the anger boil within me. Awful.

• Members

I read a little about this a few days ago but not the more recent details. My blood ran cold when he was going on about hymens. Men who focus obsessively on anatomy this way as excuse or justification just show they are sick and/or have no respect for women. And this is the man who was pushed as the heavy morality candidate.

• Members

Disturbing how many future advances in science this administration has derailed with its willful erosion of the agencies that specialize in scientific research.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/science-under-attack-how-trump-is-sidelining-researchers-and-their-work/ar-BBYqouK?li=AA4Zoy

• Members

Yes. I've thought about this too. Republicans are terrible for science. This is one of the awful consequences of this administration that falls through the cracks with all of the other insane things going on daily.

Meanwhile all of the violence going on during this holiday season makes me feel like things are completely OOC.  A  car bombing in Somalia that killed nearly 80 people and injured over 100, continued bombing in Syria, the stabbings and other attacks on Jews in NY and now a church shooting.  Maybe things were always this bad, but it just feels worse to me right now.  Maybe it's just how instantly the news is carried due to social media that makes it feel overwhelming.