Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Even without a conviction possible it really was impossible for House Democrats to not move forward with impeachment because Trump clearly violated the law and it would have been a dereliction of duty to overlook that. Politically they would have received backlash for not holding Trump accountable and the last thing needed is to give voters a reason to stay home.

• Members

The general election in the UK is only a few days away. By most polling, Boris Johnson is favored to get a majority, or very close. It's been dispiriting to see that much of the UK media seems to be as in the tank for him as the press is for the GOP here. 

The latest moment happened yesterday, when a story about Johnson not wanting to see a photo of a child who had to sleep on the floor of the NHS was almost immediately brushed aside by coverage of claims that Labour activists punched a Tory adviser. 

This all turned out to be BS, but the damage was done. 

• Members

Polling in the UK is notoriously bad.  But I actually think the media in the UK is worse than here in the US if that is possible.  My question is how many people believe that Johnson is willing to sell off healthcare to the US as that information leaked confirmed? We'll see. My guess is the liberal democrats(aren't those the MP's that left Labour and the Tories gravitated to?)  . That's just a guess on my part.

• Members

As the election nears, Trump has become more and more blatant about only caring about Israel, not Jewish Americans. He hurled abuse at a group of Jews he recently spoke with, and he is now designating a rule that has blatant fascist intent.

The media who have spent years telling everyone that Democrats are anti-Semitic and American Jews will somehow wake up and vote the "right" way must be trying to figure out what their new talking points will have to be.

• Members

Some Democrats are,  just as the left in Britain is rotted through with anti-semitism.  This is a problem that is not specific to one party or political ideology. It's truly bizarre to watch these groups play your lot is more anti-semitic than your lot. There is plenty to go around. It's a hate that has run through the millennia and thanks to Trump it has been normalized again.

It's not the least bit surprising to me that it has had a resurgence in places like Germany and Eastern Europe. You don't go from a Holocaust to everything is right as rain in a lifetime.  I admit I wouldn't have thought it were possible for the temperature to rise so quickly in The States. That video yesterday of bystanders in Jersey City blaming the Jewish victims for their own shooting and saying it was good that four of them had died...damn.

• Members

He likely saw his daughter's marriage as some sort of strategic financial decision to merge his family with another wealthy real estate family.  

DJT's father made the decision to move the family out of their Queens church to a church in Manhattan where the wealthier and well-connected chose to worship. Religion and worship as a form of currency to be transacted. Like father, like son.

• Members

I think Yair makes some good points here. It's just weird to me that a nation we have accepted the travel ban and what is happening on our border. Not that everyone has by any means, but sometimes I feel like the nation as a whole is sleep walking into destruction. Maybe it's more that people are overwhelmed. I don't know.

• Members

Some are, yes, but a running theme in media coverage for ages has been the idea that there must be some kind of moment where Jewish voters go to the GOP because Democrats are anti-Semites/not loyal enough to Israel/what have you. It's another variation of all the years the media spent tsk-tsking black voters and asking when they will learn to vote Republican.