Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think one reason may be because her sister was also tied up in all the negative media coverage. When your family is being attacked and on top of that you're boxed in as a candidate, you're more likely to just want everything to end.

I could see her being either a VP or an AG for Biden, definitely. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Frankly, I'm surprised the majority of the MSM decided against travelling down the "She's too Black!"/"She's not Black enough!" path that they tend to travel with most other candidates of color.  I mean, I'm sure there were SOME complaints, on BOTH sides of the proverbial aisle, but probably nowhere near as much as I had expected at the outset.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'm tuning most of the primary out atm. It's not worth the agitation and I'm not interested in re-litigating 2016. What troubles me are kids coming of age now who think primaries like that are the norm. Do I think it's been that bad this time - no, not yet. I think online magnifies everything and tries to make everything seem much more intense, important or great/awful than it is. The reality is always more banal.

I knew Harris was done awhile ago, which I think was a shame bc she was initially my first choice before Warren recouped. I think she lost the momentum. I also think there were a lot of white kids eager to call her "a cop" and look woke online. I can't speak to the black reaction to her. I do think both Biden and Warren can win. Warren's problem right now is being caught between not wanting to alienate middle of the round voters simply not ready for M4A - something she knows and understands - and the far left who demand she put it first or be called everything but a child of God. I think she can overcome that quandary, or maybe she won't. She is still my choice. I also think it's entirely possible Joe is the nominee, and I have been trying to gently remind some very online friends of that reality.

When people spend all their time on twitter they live in this alternate world, where Biden can't possibly win the nom bc look at all these dunk tweets, or where every dumb primary issue of every candidate is surefire crippling to them. Then they're shocked when Biden or Buttgieg make up points, or when Warren continues to lead Bernie or whatever. We have to break that fever. I do still think we have a very good shot at winning. We just have to end this primary, and the fact is a lot of the online left are more in love with primary wars than with winning no matter what. Time to learn.

Meanwhile:

• Members

I just can't believe how low people will go.  The Republicans' entire argument is that "well, he wasn't successful so he didn't do anything wrong."  

Let me clue you in - when Constitutional law people say - the framers said this would happen.  That other governments would jump at the chance to mess with our free elections - it's been said.  And that's what he did.  He went and SOUGHT it out.  But their argument is - well, he wasn't successful, so there's nothing wrong here!

Well let me tell ya something sweeties - is there not such a thing as Attempted Murder?  They weren't successful, but they TRIED it.  He MADE the ask.  Aside from everything else shady that family is doing.  Nixon TRIED to cover up - he wasn't successful - but he was impeached because it was the INTENT and in this case it's the ASK.  He DID it.  Doesn't matter whether he was successful at getting what he wanted.  He's a damned crook and it's treason.  

Meanwhile, for him and a bunch of old white male Republicans to just yell and yell and yell with their white privilege makes me sick - you spent years grilling Hillary over an EMAIL SERVER.  And you DARE to call THIS a witch hunt?  And he's turned over probably 1/8 of what she had to.  He just keeps getting away with it, and that's why he has the attitude he does - he's above the law.  The Repubs wanted Clinton impeached because he got his wang serviced.  But going to a foreign government to influence our elections is a great idea.  They're sick.  

He is disgusting.  And I say all the time - whatever that personality is - it's OJ Simpson too.  They cannot stay out of the news - they're obsessed with being in the news or getting up in it.  And if nothing is there, they'll create it.  George Zimmerman is the stuff that you can't scrape off or hose out of the bottom of your trashcan - it just sticks around and cannot be cleaned nor fixed.