It is being reported that Eileen Herlie has died

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope they devote an entire episode to her. If I recall correctly, Phoebe's funeral had to share the hour with Rylee scenes because TPTB felt that people wouldn't be interested in the episode if it was just a tribute to Phoebe.

If Carruthers were smart she would just hire her good friend Francesca James to handle this properly.

• Members

Here is a great scene between Erica and Myrtle from Erica's intervention in 2004.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

She is obviously very frail by this point, but man just goes to show you how much of an impact in her frail state she could still have on this show.

RIP Eileen.

• Members

I hated to hear this - was so sad. You know that it is coming but you still aren't prepared.

I have been writing a big story for her in my online soap that has gone by the wayside that will explain for me the strong bond that developed instantly between Zach & Myrtle - one of the best things about the Zach character for me. I will greatly miss that onscreen if I start back watching AMC.

As far as sets, my fear is we will lose The Boutique too which is one of the oldest sets on the show. Ann bought The Boutique back in 1970 and then it just gradually passed from one character to another through the years. So sad that they might not ever show it anymore.

I love all the mentions of character that should come back. I will add one more and that is Ellen Dalton. She and Myrtle were always close. Ellen worked for Myrtle at The Boutique or it may have been the other way around - my memory is playing tricks on me right now which one actually owned The Boutique at the time. But they were very good friends for years on the show.

Archived