Any Capitol Fans Here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For the 39th anniversary of the primetime premiere of Capitol I thought it would be fun to revisit the TV Guide artwork for the CBS ad.   In comparison to Photoshop work in modern ads, this looks like hieroglyphics.  But, here's challenge: If this was the cover of a novelization of the script of Capitol who do you think they were trying to depict?

I'm going with Tyler and Julie as the central couple, Sam & Myrna in the upper left, and Mark & Paula in the upper right.  The woman running in sunglasses (and Ice skates?) may have been Clarissa (in the premiere scene where she is almost run over by Trey's limo while jogging)  And the woman in the bottom right would be Sloane (if she was played by Susan Keith).

• Members

Awful drawings, I’m drawing a total loss besides Tyler and Julie in the center. I will agree with you that upper right seems most like Mark and Paula, and Paula’s actual debut was months to come. She was just the mysterious unseen agoraphobe up in her suite playing her harpsichord in the pilot movie.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I was at a Maryland amusement park as a child in the eighties, and in one of the gift shops there was a large kiosk full of these for a variety of soaps. I’d love to read them, but at sixty bucks a pop, I’ll have to wait for a better deal.

• Members

Now here's the 64,000 Question:

Who was The Best Myrna and where I can find some video proof in English (Italian is just not my best language)

Carolyn Jones (Morticia Adams) (1982-83)

Marla Adams (Belle Clemens and Dina Abbott Mergeron) (1983)

Or Marj Dusay (Pamela Capwell Conrad, Alexandra Spaulding and Vanessa Bennett) (1983-87)

• Members

No, I was just commenting on the drawing’s appearance.

Here’s a brief glimpse of Carolyn’s Myrna in English. I posted this on YouTube some years ago, it’s from her A&E Biography. The episode is from the first week of the show, Tyler’s hero’s welcome home reception. At the time, that was the largest set ever built for daytime.

• Members

This one I already saw kinda made me cry but thanks for trying to help me, Capitol is pretty hard to find especially the early episodes I was really curious on Carolyn or Marla as Myrna as my search give results only for Marj

By the way did you like the link I sent? I've forgotten about Lara Parker being on Capitol