• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I watched my very first Capitol episode today, and I was surprised to see people in there I was not expecting. I knew Constance Towers was in there, but I was surprised to see Tonja Walker and even more shocked to see a young Catherine Hickland playing a non-bitchy character for a change. And in the episode Soapsuds just posted above, is that Kimberlin Brown playing the girl who walks in with Jordy at the beginning??

• Members

CAPITOL had a top notch cast -- they all went onto other shows.  Nicholas Walker, Marj Dusay, Tonja Walker, Catherine Hickland, Jess Walton, Chris Durham, etc.  

Todd Curtis as Jordy Clegg was a natural as the rich playboy.  He shoulda done more -- just a natural in the clips above.

• Members

Yes, but dubbed in Italian. All of the show's first few years are on YouTube in Italian. I don't think I've seen the pilot movie in English since WoST.

And in nearby Potomac. I was too little to remember them shooting in my area, but I've read old articles in the Post about how freezing it was and poor Bill Beyers was sick as a dog.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Julie/Jenny was probably one of the best roles for Catherine Hickland in terms of an acting challenge.. more so than Tess on Loving/The City.. and Lindsay on OLTL... imho.

And Henry Slesar wrote an excellent show during his time on the show, it wasn't anything like Edge of Night at all.  It had a lot of political intrigue, and lots of romantic triangles/quad's.  I've heard both him and the writer before him, Peggy O'shea were the best writers on the show.  It did seem like in the show's 5 year history. they had five different head-writers... so I imagine it would be hard to invest in the show since each team probably adjusted the tone of the show.

• Members

Curious to know why CBS felt they had to replace Capitol with B&B. They would have been the perfect back-to-back juxtaposition in an hour slot: the east coast political intrigue vs the west coast fashion and glamour.