Any Capitol Fans Here?

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Anyone know how Jess Walton came to replace Jane Daly as hooker w/ a heart of gold Kelly Harper ?  

I really liked Jane's portrayal of Kelly, but grew to love Jess in the role.  Interestingly, Jane met her husband actor Duncan Gamble on Capitol when he played Frank Burgess.

• Members

Todd was part of the cast at the end, but in 86 he was temporarily replaced by Russell Todd (I believe because of Todd's car accident).  Other original cast members at the series end were:  Constance Towers, Nicholas Walker, Bill Beyers, Deborah Farentino and Rory Calhoun.  

• Members

When they were discussing Capitol's cancellation, Nicholas Walker said that John Conboy hinted that Bill Bell played a part in the cancellation because Conboy had left Y&R 

Apparently, Conboy's words were, "There's always retribution when you leave a Bell soap"

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

These reunions can make me a little antsy, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one as it held my attention throughout (maybe because I'm hungry for any BTS stuff on Capitol). Constance Towers is beautiful and seems like such a lovely soul. It was nice to hear Nicholas' memories working with his Myrnas, the Trey-Myrna relationship being his favorite.

Along with the reasons some of you have already mentioned, the panelists (who were close with Conboy) shared the belief that cancellation had most to do with Conboy's ownership of the show. Capitol was a John Conboy Production and licensing was more expensive for CBS than owning another Bell show.

My soap channel. 

Please register in order to view this content

I haven't uploaded in years, I need to get back on it when time allows.