Y&R: Week of September 29, 2008

• Members

The girl has been on one week. One week. A bit early to judge a young actress especially considering she was directed to play a loud mouthed brat. I just don't get the extreme reaction.

She won't be on again until Thursday just like I thought. We will see this story probably two or three times a week.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad we're getting a new casting director. Rea made some terrible mistakes - the worst were Scott Seymour (ex-Billy) and Erin Sanders (Eden). But she did have some good hires: Emily O'Brien, Daniel Goddard, Vincent Irizarry (good actor, bad writing), Chris Engen, Elizabeth Hendrickson, Tammin Sursok, Nia Peeples, Billy Miller. So I'm grateful to her for that.

Hopefully the new casting director can hire a better Eden. I wouldn't mind a Heather recast either.

• Members

Eden was ok yesterday. I could feel her fear of being thrown into a new school system and not being able to relate to the kids there. Tracey Bregmann worked all those scenes, though, and saved the actress, too, by setting the tone of the scene from "screeching" down to "reflective."

Um, the kid who plays Fen is adorkable! I love how he's having full-on conversations with himself and with Bregmann and LeBlanc. Speaking of, CLB totally ad-libbed that part where he tickled and cuddled Fen after his phone call with River. It actually made me a Michael fan again.

The Abbotts are being rebuilt! Yay! I like how Traci is being included. I really like the actress. And Ashley!

A slowish episode, but I feel like groundwork is being set for the next couple of months. And the fight for Jabot! Jill vs. Kay vs. Cane... Gloria vs. Bardwell vs. Jack... Gloria vs. Kay and Jill... Jack vs. the Chancellors... Billy playing everybody.

• Members

OH YES.

Sharon and Jack were a coupling that I never bought. Ever. Of all of Jack's wives Sharon is by far the weakest, both as a character standing alone as well as chemistry wise. The thing with Jack's ex's (I'm thinking Jill, Patti, Lindsey, Diane, Luan, Phyllis) is that they've all been pretty strong women (Patti, for all her insanity, at least had the balls to shoot him) who were Jack's equal. They were all the kind of women who didn't actually NEED Jack, but they were there and they were partners.

With Sharon, I just feel like she's this needy trophy wife who lives and breathes insecurity. She NEEDS Jack and I simply don't buy that he NEEDS her. He hasn't ever needed anyone! With Jack it's always been about passion....with Sharon I get none of it.

That's why I liked Sharon and Brad, both sort of pathetic, both sort of selfish....plus Diamont and Case were scorching together. There is something too 'father and daughter' about Jack and Sharon.

• Members

Why can't Traci just go to Genoa City with them? She adds a unique element to the family dynamic. Now that her daughter is such a skank, she could be very useful. I also would love to see her come kick ass on the business side of things since no one would expect it. Nice, sweet little Traci could develop into a savvy business woman. Leave Ashley in the chemistry lab, Jack & Billy are the screw ups with their crazy agendas, then Traci can hold the business up. If they don't plan on bringing back Mamie or Dina (who I fear would be Gloria 2.0), let Traci be the new anchor for that family. Jack has a long ways to go until he's ready and they can't keep stringing along the ghost of John. Plus Brad is single...

Today I realized that Lily has developed into one of the safest, most bland heroines I've ever seen on this show. Cricket had more to offer and I hated Cricket. BTW, although I hated Cricket, I loved Christine. Odd I know. But Lily is a disaster. The only thing positive I have to say about her is that she is pretty and has nice hair. I don't understand how the character has become so popular the more bland she gets. Thanks to her retardation we have to suffer through Colleen as the Fresh (wtf?!) Face of Jabot. That is sick. That means Jess Walton has to act opposite Tammin Sursok. I have heartburn.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Sep 30 2008, 10:38 PM)
Why can't Traci just go to Genoa City with them? She adds a unique element to the family dynamic. Now that her daughter is such a skank, she could be very useful. I also would love to see her come kick ass on the business side of things since no one would expect it. Nice, sweet little Traci could develop into a savvy business woman. Leave Ashley in the chemistry lab, Jack & Billy are the screw ups with their crazy agendas, then Traci can hold the business up. If they don't plan on bringing back Mamie or Dina (who I fear would be Gloria 2.0), let Traci be the new anchor for that family. Jack has a long ways to go until he's ready and they can't keep stringing along the ghost of John. Plus Brad is single...

WORD! To everything! Esp Sharon & Brad!!

Ya know, I so agree that Lily is the safest most bland and boring heroine on this show, and the others tbh, but i kind of like her now. Im sure it wont last tho. I think they key to Lily is that if theyw ant to keep her this way she needs to be the supporting young heroine, not THE young heroine. Her and Colleen need to switch spots, hwoever a siff actress is needed to make Colleen the star young heroine.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Sep 30 2008, 10:38 PM)

Today I realized that Lily has developed into one of the safest, most bland heroines I've ever seen on this show. Cricket had more to offer and I hated Cricket. BTW, although I hated Cricket, I loved Christine. Odd I know. But Lily is a disaster. The only thing positive I have to say about her is that she is pretty and has nice hair. I don't understand how the character has become so popular the more bland she gets. Thanks to her retardation we have to suffer through Colleen as the Fresh (wtf?!) Face of Jabot. That is sick. That means Jess Walton has to act opposite Tammin Sursok. I have heartburn.

I prefer watching Walton act opposite Sursok than Khalil. At least I can buy Sursok as a model and Walton tends to elevate everyone she performs with. Hopefully it works with Sursok, girl could use some help!

I agree, Traci is a great character and I think she adds a genuine element to the Abbotts. I'm not saying she needs to be front burner or even contract. But a Tracey Bregman style recurring gig, that I could handle.

And note to MAB, HS, SH and PR: HIRE VERONICA REDD! The Abbotts need Mamie back! (and Jill need someone to piss her off!)

Archived