Y&R: Week of September 29, 2008

• Members

I loved that part of yesterday's show too......

I'm so over Phick, their "romantic" and "love" scenes this week made me roll my eyes and cringe........

Edited To Add:I'm watching live right now and my Mom just asked me who was taking care of Summer while Phyllis was at Crimson Lights and it made me wonder the same thing........ :unsure:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish they would have Nicholas and Sharon state that Cassie didn't die as a result of drunk driving. Cassie died because she was 14 and didn't know how to drive a car. The way they have Nick and Sharon's scenes today, if you weren't waching when Cassie died, you would think she died because of a drunk driver. Not true.

• Members

She didn't die because of drunk driving, but alcohol did play a part. What if Noah got too drunk to drive home and Eden decided to drive him home? Same situation because I'm sure she doesn't know how to drive either. And although drunk driving isn't exactly how she died, I could see how they would include that in what they want their son to stay away from.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 3 2008, 12:41 PM)
She didn't die because of drunk driving, but alcohol did play a part. What if Noah got too drunk to drive home and Eden decided to drive him home? Same situation because I'm sure she doesn't know how to drive either. And although drunk driving isn't exactly how she died, I could see how they would include that in what they want their son to stay away from.

I agree, plus Nick and Sharon have been on this anti-drunk driving thing since Cassie died. It played a huge part in that Cassie's Challenge thing they had going for a while...

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 3 2008, 01:41 PM)

But that's a different situation. Eden was drunk at the party. If Noah got into the car with her and they got into an accident, then yes, that would have been an accident due to driving under the influence. That's not the case though.

All I'm saying is that the way the scenes came off today, the way they had Nick and Sharon's lines written, it made it sound like Cassie died because she was driving drunk or she was driving with someone that was drunk, which wasn't the case at all. If you didn't know what happened, you would think the latter happened.

• Members

I disagree. Underage drinking played a huge role in her death. It was not the ONLY thing...Cassie's own recklessness was relevant...but it was huge.

Why? Daniel was drunk, causing her to drive. Also, Daniel was drunk, causing him not to stop her.

Y&R has always played Nick and Sharon as parents PERFECTLY, reacting as parents WOULD...from Noah's "still birth" (or whatever...they thought he died) till now. Every piece perfect. This latest arc in the Noah story is no exception.

• Members

SO GLAD that Rauch didn't f-uck with the lighting, in fact, I thought it was darker and more crisp today. Then again, it's only Rauch's first episode, who knows how the lighting and set design will look like in two weeks time. I also noticed a lot of the actors seemed more alert today - especially Michelle Stafford, Sharon Case, and Joshua Marrow. It must have something to do with the way Rauch produces his shows, since he likes to be present when all scenes are being taped.

I'm so ready for Nick and Phyllis to end, and Nick and Sharon were dead on as parents today.

I've noticed that the actress playing Eden is much better in comedic scenes and scenes where she doesn't have to be angry and emotional, but she still needs major work.

The dynamic between Billy and Chole is hilarious, and Amber and Cane are as clueless as ever.

• Members

Good show today, I see MAB didn't let Rauch make many of his usual changes, which is good. The pace seemed to be a lot better then it had been, and the stories seemed to flow better.

Sharon needs to STFU. :rolleyes: When Phylis wants to talk to her husband, let her talk to her husband you self-righteous bitch.

And those teens are sooooooooo lame lol.

Archived