Y&R: Week of September 29, 2008

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MAB told the fans that she decided to keep Nia Peeples on the show (there was speculation after he mysterious return in July that she would only stay until September). She said Karen's past will be explored in the following months.

I hope they actually do something with her. She had only one appearance this month.

• Members

Well some of us liked seeing the Baldwins after months and months of Newmans. Now I am not talking about the Fishers but Lauren was off for nearly a month so it was good to see her everyday last week. It's not like we have been overwhelmed with Lauren and Michael story these past few years. Everyone deserves some screentime and a story once in awhile.

• Members

Agreed. But I won't watch a storyline simply for the sake of having a new storyline, if that new storyline is boring. lol Which to me, the Baldwin storyline is. I do love having Tracey Bregman on, but the story is not about her, she's not a key player in it and she's a supporting player in it. So that means little to me. I do watch some scenes with Lauren, but sometimes it's just too boring, so I FF even when she's on.

• Members

If they had a couple of episodes of it and then paused for an episode or two, it'd be great. But when the storyline is bad and they keep showing it day after day, it just plain sucks. I don't care if Michael saves River or not and Lauren doesn't seem to have much storyline except propping Eden and River.

They should invest in other characters like that. With a good storyline.

• Members

I really wish they'd disbarred or sent Michael to jail instead because River's a new character I cannot have sympathy for because he's been showcased as such a non-polarizing character. I don't hate him. I don't love him. I'm bored with him and his whiny daughter. I would've rather they sent him off to Michigan because then he'd be a catalyst to a real story... whatever that may be.

I really loved the Newmans last week. The writers are taking their sweet time with the resolution of Sabrina's death and I'm loving every stroke of their pens on the page.

I also thought it interesting how they broke the week up in half: Billy/Baldwins/Chloe in the first half and Victor/Baldwins/Jack. I hope they happen to change up the s/ls so that the Baldwins don't appear in every episode. Hopefully the Abbots will be in for the week?

And I have to say, Judith is really playing Gloria with more subtlety than before. I was in the minority as a fan of hers before but now I can honestly say, I love her. I really wish they'd get her away from Jeffrey and her scheming two-dimensional LML past and get her to River, single-mom-scorned present as soon as possible.

I really hate Adam. Disgusting. And I'm glad. I haven't abhorred a character on TV in a long time. Y&R really scored with Engen.

Archived