Y&R: Week of September 29, 2008

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oooh, Lily finally being a little pissed off...But um Colleen is an Abbott, why would it be such a stretch for her to be the fresh face of Jabot?..And dare I say Billy made TS(whom i'm no fan of at all) look alive in their quick scene?

• Members

I agree. I really like Miller and his portrayal of Billy is refreshing, but he needs to tone it down a bit on some of his "Richie-isms" (the bizarre facial expressions and vocal intonations). He's playing a character now that has his sanity, unlike Richie, a role that gave him a bit more latittude. Otherwise, I can't wait to see how Billy's story unfolds.

• Members

I LOVE this change in the Lily & Colleen relationship. I really hope they go full on frenemies into enemies with them. Because id love tos ee TS play a bitch. I think she would do well if they made Colleen more of a bitch than a heroine and Lily needs a bitch play heroine against to be honest. I am intersted in these two for the first time since the old actress'w ere in the roles. Loved Graz's face watching them argue.

Billy Abbott :wub: ... I actually lOVE how Billy Miller is playing him. I dont think he needs to done it down at al. The way Billy is playing him is why i actually believ the playboy rich guy womanizer angle of him they are selling. But Billy plays it with enough heart somehow that its not one note. I know there is more to him than that, and not just based of his past on the show.

BM & DG had major sexual chem. I kept wondering if Billy & Cane were brothers.. or lovers. I like it. lol.

• Members

The moment they had that scene at Crimson Lights, a few weeks ago, and Colleen was all "Oy really loike your ex-husband. Oy'm gonna date him, kay?" I sat up to watch. Because there was more fake sweetness, pent-up resentment and bitchiness in that scene than any featuring Lily with, say, Chloe or Amber. And I've got to hand it to CK, girl doesn't have an iota of chemistry with DG but with the female actors her age, it's a different story. Lily was really irritated with Colleen and that irritation has only intensified since then.

I guess I can buy BM's mannersims here (and I absolutely love him as Billy, don't get me wrong) because he is playing a role and constantly "on show" -- the youngest brother to this siblings, the charming rake to his peers. On Tuesday, when he hugged his mom, though, the mask dropped for a moment and it was a glimpse into the real Billy who has bottled his rage and feelings of rejection. I think Billy is going to reinvigorate the character of Cane, too, and hopefully give him his balls back.

P.S.: Cane isn't the only brother Billy's got that kind of chemistry with.

• Members

me too. But i thought that would be it. Dropped. Then today i loved it.

Lily: Uh, actually, there's something that I want to talk to you about. Look, I know I said that I was okay with you testing to be the fresh face of jabot, but I'm not. I actually would mind a lot, and I just wish I could be happy about it, but I can't.

Colleen: Well, it's not like I stole your job. I mean, you quit, lily.

Lily: Yeah, I know. I'm just being honest about how I feel.

Colleen: Okay. Well, then I need to be honest, because the more I think about it, the more I want it. I mean, especially since it's for the company my grandfather created.

Lily: Colleen, I understand that. I'm just saying that if you get the position and you accept, then fine. That's your right, t I don't have to like it.

Colleen: What does that mean?

Lily: It means that it's gonna have an effect on our friendship. (Lily walks away)

Colleen: I don't know how to handle this. I don't want to lose my best friend.

Daniel: Well, you know, I can totally understand where lily's coming from, but if you take that job, I don't think that you're gonna lose her. You know, yeah, your relationship might take a little hit, but you guys will b able to work it out, won't you? I mean, look at all the stuff that we went through, and we're still friends.

Colleen: I don't know, Daniel. I mean, after everything that's been dumped on her, I think this could just push her over the edge.

Daniel: So are you rethinking the jabot job?

Colleen: I don't know. It's an amazing opportunity, you know? But I guess there are other jobs.

Daniel: Well, I guess you're just gonna have to decide if it's worth it.

However, that part stood out. Could they be setting up a Lily loses it? humm....

Thats why i buy it. It seems like a show, an act. To mask something., And for that split second when he hugged Jill you seen the act drop.

Oh, and i cant comment on if PB & BM have sexual chem because i cant stand jackass. It clouds my judgment.

• Members

I haven't seen yesterday's show yet but how's that for a big ole anvil of foreshadowing! If so, they've been laying the groundwork for weeks now. I always thought it was creepy strange the way Lily seemed to be totaly OK with losing the love o' her life to Cane. I actually thought those Crimson Lights scenes from a few weeks back were actually the result of tension between the actresses as opposed to the characters! :lol:

LOL, it's probably just me but Jack was practically purring in his scenes with Billy! I am very intrigued to see how DG and BM interact, especially since Miller has been playing up the Cane obsession since he arrived -- including immediately after sex with Amber!

Other bouts of inappropriate chemistry: Danny looking like he wanted to lick Daniel. Seriously.

• Members

Ha, i didnt think it was via tension between the actress' ... i just didnt figure much of it, but i liked it. So im glad it wasnt just random. And yeah, i can see lily breaking down. sooner or later. I also like Billy's intrest in Lily.

Speaking of Daniel.. Any scene between him & Nick. Josh & The Graz just sex it up together on screen. Also, Michael & kevin sometimes seem to be veering into more than just friends Chuck Bass & Nate Archie areas ... Then there is Kevin & Michael but i will just leave it at that ... Oh, and nuNoah and Daniel ... Oh, and we cant forget the love between Paul & JT.

As for the girls, Amber & Chloe could get it on any second.

• Members

OMG, today's episode ended GREAT!

But first... LOVED Chloe vs Colleen! So much fun! But I kinda liked Colleen vs Lily, so with Colleen deciding to reject Cane's offer, I hope they don't abandon Colleen vs Lily thing. It makes both girls much interesting than in their romance storylines with Daniel and Cane.

Okay, I admit, for the most of the episode I didn't pay too much attention, cause I was making lunch and what not. But the ending... PERFECTION!

Nick and Phyllis are in bed and Sharon calls because of Noah! Phyllis is clearly pissed, even though she doesn't show it! :lol: Nick leaves to deal with this! Woohoo! Take that, Phyllis! :)

Then, Billy shows up at Cane's, Cane can't open, so Chloe does and we learn that Chloe and Billy know each other (well, not that we didn't already assume this, but it was still cool)... AWESOME!

And previews for tomorrow look great too! More tension between Sharon and Phyllis, along with the continuation of Billy/Chloe/Cane stuff. It's gonna be great!

Oh, and are you people sure that Eden is a short term role? Cause they're really pushing her into this new teen scene. Which I don't really like, but as long as that storyline takes the back seat, I'll leave with it.

• Members

No, nobody said it's a short term role. A few of her airdates were given at the beginning, and that must be a trial period or something. I hope they drop her, but I have a feeling she'll stick around. The character is fine, but the actress is just extremely annoying. I never want to her her cry or yell ever again. Ugh.

Archived