Y&R: Week of September 29, 2008

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What kind of lame-ass party is Noah going to? Parents? Soda? Is this a high school party or a middle school birthday party at the roller skating rink? :lol:

And I'm glad they're recasting Abby. It wouldn't have been believable to see a teenage Noah, and Abby still being played by Dary Rose Byrnes.

• Members

Chloe's face when she found out Billy was coming over...priceless! Squirm, baby, squirm! That was the brightest spot on the show today. I could not care less about Phyllis writing a mean letter about Sharon and Jack. Why? Because no real high-fashion magazine would ever do something like that. It wreaks of contrivance.

And I hope we're not going to get another teen scene plot. Those really bore me. When they were in the warehouse the only thought in my head other than "boring" was "is this the same warehouse that Paul kept Sheila in?" Anyway - Eden is a bust and this new family thing for the Balwin's is kinda lame. Does anyone think that River is really going to go to jail?

That said..it's wayyyyyyyy better than anything else on daytime.

• Members

Erin, who plays Eden, her site has her upcoming airdates listed, and at first, it was only listed through the 3rd of October, so everyone assumed she was done then.

She's recurring--and it seems that she's getting some better directions, the scenes this week have been good.

SOOOO on team Chloe.

• Members

This isn't the story I would have picked for Michael and Lauren and the girl who plays Eden still has a ways to go but I do think she has chemistry with both Christian Le blanc and Tracey Bregman. The scenes of Lauren and Michael dealing with a rebellious teen are pretty typical of soaps, but I just love the way CLB and TEB interact and act off of each other. They have had some good scenes this week. And the boy who plays their son is a real kick.

When I watch how Nick and Phyllis interact as a couple semi discussing issues it just feels so contrived and awkward and seems to inevitably ends in bad flirting or sex. Michael and Lauren's discussions just feel so much more real, although it wouldn't kill the show to give them an uninterupted romantic scene once in awhile. I have to say although I was never a big fan of Sharon and Nick at least their scenes feel like real parents worrying too much about their teen son because they lost his teen sister.

• Members

I don't like self destructive and petty Phyllis but if it frees her from her marriage schackles I'm all for it. I used to love Phyllis, but now she just irritates me. Michelle Stafford is too good to be stuck in this boring marriage.

• Members

Oh, I know but she was usually more interesting in her self destructive mode and I could understand and sometimes even sympathize with her. Now she just comes off as petty, jealous, insecure and vindictive. She is not likeable at all, and I used to really like Phyllis. She was genuinely funny and smart. Now she is neither.

• Members

On another note. I just loved Chloe's scenes with Colleen. She just totally dominated the acting in that scene and it felt like she was just playing with dumb Colleen. Her line about Colleen wanting Lily's life and the next step would be to get Neil to adopt her made me LOL.

Archived