Y&R: Week of September 29, 2008

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's easy to notice the subtle differences from Rauch's first day. Rauch has some directing experience, many books even say he directed quite a few episodes of AW in the 70's, and his shows have always been wonderfully directed. Also, the EP is usually in the control room when stuff is being edited or directed. Compare that to Josh Griffith who has absolutely no production experience, I do see subtle differences.

However, as time goes on, I'm sure we'll see more Rauch-isms in the overall production of the show. Other than his love for harsh bright lighting, he's not all too bad at overall production. His loves big, beautiful, and spacious sets and beautiful interior design.

• Members

What do you mean? You mean you want a screen cap or something? I like that Y&R has peddled a consistent brand (on its logo) since the early 1980s. Before this logo was introduced, they made good use of that regular font.

yrlogo.jpg

• Members

Hmmm...I remember loving him on Knot's Landing where...coincidentally...he often had elevator scenes with Bob (?) (or was he Bob, and the other guy was Mort?). I realized elevators were a LML trademark.

Ahhh...google!

Mark Haining played Mort Tubor, and then went on to play Norman Peterson on Y&R. Imdb doesn't list his Y&R credit, and he seems to have dropped out in 1998.

At that page is a video...there is a quit shot of Haining in it that is clearer. Of course, I HATE Norman for killing Sexy Rexy. Did Norman die, or go to prison, or....?

• Members

MarkH is so right - the backstory on Phyllis is so blatently missing that it just wreakd of laziness. Unlike some Phyllis-haters, ?i think she is ripe for a character renaissance. Under Hogan Sheffer (he did for Barbara Ryan, Katie Perretti on ATWT and many others)- i expect it to be gloriously messy and dark and intiguing - and mixing in Stafford's A-Game complexity, it could make for one of Y&R's best stories in years. And not some - her "dad beat her when she was young" kind of thing but more of a Phyllis vs. The Newmans type of thing with a big custody battle a la old Phyllis vs. Danny and the bug for custody - and how Danny Romalotti could come in and give Nick some chilling advice - "She's crazy, man!!" And Phyllis lying and scheming and doing anything she can to keep Summer and punish Nick and fighting with Sharon. it would change the whole dynamic of things on the show - Daniel, Victoria, JT, Jack . A new big enemy for the Newmans. And how awesome a new friendship for Sharon and Amber?

There's just so many more s/l possibilities for Phyllis free of Nick than with him.

• Members

Please, no Phyllis backstory!!!

I love Phyllis, and I love La Stafford, but I don't need to know why 'oh, why' she's the way she is.

We've been given hints in the past (her rocky relationship with her parents, who were on the show, and her being large as a teenager thus being an outsider), and they are enough for me. I just wish they would just mention her crazy past a bit more... they seem to have forgotten everything about that.

Archived