Y&R: Week of September 29, 2008

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 1 2008, 04:38 PM)
That means Jess Walton has to act opposite Tammin Sursok. I have heartburn.

Don't worry - Jess is a very good actress and I'm sure she can hold her own in a scene with Tammin. :)

The area Tammin needs help in is the accent. She was excellent on Home & Away (and pretty much anyone who was watching H&A at the time will agree with me) and she could do the same on Y&R if she didn't have to concentrate on faking an accent.

Absolutely! And it is very doable. I don't imagine Redd would be one of those actors you'd have to pay through the nose for.

• Members

While watching Tuesday's episode I had to roll my eyes when Notleen called Chloe a bitch, in this case as Julie said on Days the other day "It takes one to know one"......

It would be nice if Tammin didn't have to concentrate on that accent of hers, that's why instead of being Notleen she should have been cast as another character on the show; of course the only person to really blame for this situation is the recently fired casting director. Here lately I've just been cringing during scenes with Notleen and Liily, you've got the bland acting style of Christel who seems like she's just not into the character of Lilly anymore then we have Tammin who instead of working on the delivery style of her lines you can tell she's always concentrating on trying to keep her accent at bay with pretty bad results at times......

• Members

After a couple of boring episodes, yesterday's made me do a little happy dance.

- swoony, old-style Y&R music and clever editing between scenes.

- Chloe and Esther. I loved their interactions and feel like this SL is shedding light on both their characters.

- Kay and Kevin. I actually laughed out loud when Kay asked kevin if he was coming on to her.

- The Abbotts reunited. What great scenes! nuBilly might want to quit it with some of the goofy facial expressions but he totally nailed in that last scene with Jill when he hugged her. Watch your back, Jill!

And ITA with the idea of Traci joining the Matriarch Club on Y&R. I could totally see her dispensing advice in Genoa City.

Lily was bland in her "goodbye forever -- again" scenes. Her interaction with Chloe, though, is really unusual. No matter how much she protests the opposite, Lily pines for Chloe's approval -- especially when Colleen isn't around. It's like Chloe = Blair Waldorf and Lily = the Blair acolyte. This isn't the first time scenes between the two have been played out this way. I'd even go as far as to say that Lily has sympathy for Chloe -- firstly with the Kate reveal when she eavesdropped on Chloe and Esther's conversation in the coffee house, and secondly at the Chancellor house with Rocco.

Sharon & Jack have no chemistry. They've had some sexy-time scenes which were just painful. Brad needs to step in here.

• Members

Chloe is far from a Blaire, IMHO. Lily is more of a blair to me actually. But then again i view Blair was an immature selfish little *** who claims to be big and bad and evil but is really just this scared little girl who needs to get the **** over her issues and realize she will never be better than Serena, because she isnt Serena. And if she would stop trying to be then mauybe she could actually be someone - Blair. Either way i hate her. But love the actress.

I do see what you are saying tho about Lily & Chloe and did think it was only me who thought Lily wanted Chloe to like her.

• Members

The Chloe and Esther scenes were SOOOOO golden. I loved them. I'm glad we finally got to see this different side of Chloe--so want Billy and Chloe together. Though I'd take Billy having some sort of fling and then picking Chloe in the end.

I'm still at a loss for what they are doing with NotColleen. Apparently, they think total bitch is the thing that can be pulled off while trying to focus (badly) on not having an accent come through. I'll take Traci back in town to come and kick NotColleen's butt. Either that or explain why we've not cut our losses on that one.

I use to actually really enjoy Sharon and Jack, but now watching Jack in action is SO much more fun and I'm done with them together, though I don't want Sharon and Nick again. I actually really enjoy them as friends.

And Billy Miller just makes it work for me. Totally forgotten the bad castings of that role before.

• Members

Thank you. I knew about the new casting director, but I was not yet on a first-name basis with her :-). Nor did I understand that the comment was really pushing for a recast.

We'll see. Y&R's greatest weakness is its young women...ironically, the very FOUNDATION on which Bill Bell built his shows! (e.g., Julie Olson, Brooks sisters, Brooke Logan). This is a multiphase failure...casting, writing, direction. The young women have not been well done since (IMO) Lyndsy Fonseca and Ashley Bashioum. Since I did not enjoy Lauren Woodland, I feel there has not been a successful young "pot-stirrer" in ages. Elizabeth Hendricksen and Adrienne Frantz could be in that role...but they are not really young enough, and they haven't really been front-burner enough. Moreover they are not young "next generation" members of core families. This is a real weakness. I was pleased with all the story (still ongoing) that emerged from the killing of Camryn Grimes' character, but it did deprive the Newman's of their strong female next generation.

Archived