Y&R: Week of September 22, 2008

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope with Lilly and Billy it turns out to be nothing more than a one day humping and dumping. Liam needs to be tied to no woman in a monogamous relationship, that would be such a waste for this exciting character.

That was Bridget that they did the off camera Brooke was drunk and didn't remember boinking Eric re-write for. I really wish they would reverse that one too.

As for Adam being Jack's, I could see Jack just walking into the apartment and when Hope comes out in a prim and proper nightie saying Victor, is that you, come make luuuuv to me. All Jack would have to do is go mmmm and she'd think it was Victor. They shouldn't go there, though. Just bring back one of Jack's other multiple MIA son's. Although I would like to see Amber being his daughter by Patty/Tawny.

• Members

Lilly and Billy is BAD news...Khalil drags down everyone she's associated with. Billy Miller is doing great as Billy Abbott in mini Jack mode...he's a good mix of Jill and John, I enjoy it.

Katherine's health issues had better NOT be Alzheimer's or anything related to that. Katherine Chancellor is not meant to rot and die, she's meant to kick ass and then burn out in a brilliant flash.

• Members

I definitely see Adam as a younger Jack although I know he is supposed to be a younger Victor. Adam is the younger version of Jack today and Billy might be the younger version of Terry Lester's Jack the cad from the 80s.

I wonder if the Kay memory issues also play into Gloria getting her hands on the stock that will give her and the Abbotts controlling interest in Jabot again.

Eden is irritating, but I will give her some time. I am liking Michael's scenes with River. I can't remember the last time Michael and Lauren were actually on four episodes in a row. They were lucky to be on once a week for much of this year.

I want Amber and Daniel together but I thought Amber and Billy were pretty sexy but he is so using her but I guess she is using him also. I can't watch Daniel and Colleen. I think this is the first pairing that has actually made me feel sick at the thought of them together.

• Members

I'm watching Tuesday's episode right now on SoapNet and am not finding Eden's character to be that bad, the actress is a little rough around the edges but she's going from shooting a weekly show like Zoey 101 to a soap which doesn't allow for a lot of rehearsal and has more dialogue. I liked the scenes between Eden and Lauren ....

The best part of the show so far though has been Michael and River's scenes, to bad River couldn't be a long term character because I love the chemistry between him and GloHo a lot more then GloHo/Jeffery.....

• Members

Regarding, Adam, I don't see him as Jack's alter ego. In fact, I actually see Adam as very different. He's not an entitled, wealthy country-club-going, networking golden boy -- as he frequently likes to point out. Despite the HBS education, Adam has a HUGE chip on his shoulder about his roots and everybody else's. Kinda like Victor used to have regarding Jack's monied ease. Victor, with his hidden past and foreign accent, was always the outsider while Jack was the ultimate insider. Adam is similar to Victor in the sense that he is the perrenial outsider and loner, too.

However, I do think the Adam/Jack partnership is VERY interesting, because while these two do not mirror each other, they do complement each other.

I also like the idea of Jack possibly taking Adam under his wing and being another father figure to him, one very different from the imposing, forbiding shadow that Victor casts. Jack used to play this role with Nick, too. In fact, he loved Nick like his own son once upon a time. With Jack/Adam, I sort of like the idea of there being families you are born into and "families" you choose to be a part of. If Jack offers Adam the sympathy and support he never got from TGVN, it might be interesting to see how the Tache deals with that.

Archived