Y&R: Week of September 22, 2008

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow! This new young set is quite entertaining now with the new Billy! He's such a little Jack much the way Adam is a little Victor.

And is Kay getting Alzeimers?? When she said Lily's baby instead of Chloe's baby, it looked like a clue. I REALLY hope this isn't the case cause that would be horrible. i don't want to see the mighty Kay fade to a shell of her former self. it could be a good story I'm sure, but hell to the no on that one - please!

And like a lot of u have mentioned, i really am enjoying Lily right now. When she opens up and shows a bit of darkness a few extra colors, it makes me interested in her. and it helps that she has amazing chem with Billy - more than she ever had with Cane, sadly, despite a lot of hard work on everybody's behalf.

• Members

See, I think Adam is REALLY a "little Jack". And I am hoping SOMEHOW that Jack turns out to be Adam's daddy. They look and act alike.

When Kay found out Jill was her daughter, she had a massive stroke. She had a full recovery, but after Clear Springs she began to experience mini-strokes/TIAs. This is what triggered her decision to write her autobiography with Amber.

(You will recall John has similar memory lapses years ago. Then they disappeared. Then they returned when John was in prison--ostensibly due to a medication reaction and associated delirium--but he died shortly thereafter of a stroke).

In this case, I believe the GOAL is to cognitively incapacitate Kay. Why?

I did notice a little bit of chemistry. I'm currently anti-Lily which is new for me.

• Members

Well, I'd have to think about how it happened. Victor yelled at her. She was crying. Jack, her friend, comforted her...

Yes, I like well done retcons :-). Like Kevin as Michael's brother, and (yes) Chloe as Kate.

Yes, I could totally tolerate it if Amber's mom Tawny and Paul's sister Patty were the same person.

I like retcons that strengthen the fabric of the show by building connections among islanded characters.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I hate disgusting retcons. Victor's vasectomy reversal is a prime example...ultimate breakdown. On B&B, making Eric Forrester the father of Rick was a horrible idea (through an off-camera sex scene that was mentioned months later).

But I know I'm probably more permissive in this than most others.

• Members

i always loves your insights Mark! i hope if Kay is going to be incapacitated that it's temporary and not permanent.

Jack being Adam's son would be a BIG retcon. Could work (anyway to get some Signy Coleman flashbacks and i'm happy) but it could bomb big time too. Jack did mention how fond he was of Hope the other day. But i think that Victor watching his son be so close to his archenemy Jack has more dramatic oomph.

As for Lily - i like her interacting with people her own age more than her family. Interestingly enough, i think the character of Lily (without Dru on the canvas) would probably work better as an island character than one with such close ties to people. And Billy is just crackling all over the place, though. Love him. Glad he and Cane are going to be enemies. Makes the chloe game all the more plausible if he has eyes on Lily. So naturally, he wouldn't rush to reveal that he's the father of Chloe's baby.

Archived