Y&R: Week of September 22, 2008

• Members

^^ Oh, I liked Jack and Adam "bonding." Adam is never going to forgive Victor for the way he thinks the Tache dropped Hope. Although as I recall, Hope chose to leave Victor and he was always generous to her. Hope was the one who got away.

I felt sorry for Eden in her scenes with Michael Gross and when she was talking with Lauren. But... the character and actress still need work. With a father like River, I would imagine Eden would be a much gentler person.

Does Victor have a deathwish? Where are they going with this story?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just HATE Jack and will turn the channel when he is on, ever, at all. Unless lauren is in the scenes, because well again. I will watch Lauren do anything. Even have a scene with jackass.

I didnt. I dispise her. And it has spread over into my Zoey 101 love. because i watch reruns on The-N (and recently decided a network named The-N is not as coola s it was when i was 14), and i cant stand Quinn, whom i loved until the actress became Eden. FOAD! Thats how i feel about eden. and jack.

• Members

Re: Eden, I'm just trying to pull some niceness out of my ass here. :lol: And, jp my love, it sounds like you are growing out of The-N. Next stop, National Geographic channel? LOL, I kid, I kid.

I like jack because Jack is Jack. Rather like Eric Braeden is playing a version of himself, I often wonder if Peter Bergman isn't, too. Did you ever see Terry Lester as Jack the lad?

• Members

Is this Eden garbage for real? She's worse than Ana! It infuriates me to think of how Ashley Bashioum was treated during her last return, but instead of bringing her back they're recreating the character with Eden. Not only that but they are tainting her legacy by doing such a piss poor job of it. Her scenes on Friday were like a bloody Mad TV sketch. Michael and Lauren will probably be stuck in a boring story as her surrogate parents instead of getting anything mature to sink their teeth into. The Baldwin-Fishers don't have to suck, but as much as the writers enjoy them, they have a horrible vision for the family. They need to unleash them on Genoa City as the ass kicking outsiders. This sentimental crap is all wrong for a demon like Lauren, a rapist (Michael) and an insane murderer (Gloria). Ship them off or get this [!@#$%^&*] in order.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Sep 26 2008, 08:29 PM)
Is this Eden garbage for real? She's worse than Ana! It infuriates me to think of how Ashley Bashioum was treated during her last return, but instead of bringing her back they're recreating the character with Eden.

Amen!

• Members

I hope the ratings suck for this week, after Liam left the show, the spark has gone out. All this focus on New Mac is bringing everything down. For the first time in months I have taped the show, today's Canadian, Monday's US, and am not in any hurry to watch it. Although it is great to have Eileen back, Eden makes it impossible to watch live.

• Members

Okay, I am joining the anti-Eden bandwagon. In the last two eps she started to show "vulnerability" (i.e., sobbing in prison)...but it wasn't vulnerable or sad. It was a grand show of complaint, with the hallmark sign of a lack of genuine emotion (dry eyes, screwed up face).

I note that, like Noah, she is recurring. I want Kevin Schmidt to get a contract. Eden...not so much.

Interesting way of dealing with Abby's SORAS problem (now that Noah is older). Ashley "left her in Paris with the nanny, because of school and all...". Translation, when Abby next returns, she'll be in Noah's age group.

I am not having the dialog problems this week that others are finding.

I liked Victor's feint, getting himself out of the psych ward. I am enjoying Adam very much...he is sexy drunk, in that tight t-shirt...and now beginning to revel in being a bastard. He is infusing his character with some humor, and that works nice. I noted, too, that Bergman's Jack kept pouring drinks for Adam...but wasn't drinking that much himself. Jack is ALWAYS in control, eh? I wish Jack and Adam would sincerely like each other. But then again, I want the Jack-is-Adam's-daddy retcon.

Speaking of retcons, interesting to see Canadian TV Guide start lobbying for Andrea Evans to come to Y&R as Tawny, Amber's mom. If they're going to do that, hopefully some remembers that Andrea ALSO played Patty Williams.... I'm going to repeat this 10,000 times till it happens :).

It feels like the show is now on the build for

. I'm looking forward to it...

• Members

The show is in yet another transitional phase. This week and next week's episodes were produced during the time Josh Griffith was given his pink slip, so I guess he didn't care how most of this stuff is executed on the screen. Now we have to wait to see how Rauch executes most of this material, he might not have much story say, but I'm willing to bet he'll be able to tweak certain things. Maria Arena Bell strikes me as being very impressionable.

And Eden has to be one of the most poorly developed characters I've ever seen, and the actress is beyond horrible.

• Members

On a positive note, I had no idea Eileen Davidson was premiering today. I knew she was coming, but I didn't have the date pinned down. It was a genuine soap shock for me when she appeared during Nick and Sharon's argument. Speaking of, as much as I enjoy this short term couple, I'm ready for it to blow up. I hope the writers do it now while the relationship is still strong, storywise. Nick and Phyllis are just dead and I'd hate to see Jack and Sharon wasted boggled down in a played out romance.

I look forward to Ashley's reunions with Brad and Victor. I also can't wait for monday's episode based on the hardcore preview. How dare Kay speak to my precious Jill that way. I hope Jill drop kicks her. Seeing Traci is always nice as well. Just bring back Keemo and Kyle and we'll be all set. Jack wants to rebuild Jabot with Abbott's and bring in the next generation, so where are his bloody kids? They mentioned Diane which was shocking. Maybe it's a sign of things to come...

• Members

There's been a lot of historical mentions since Janice Ferri Esser came back, and even more since Natalie Minardi Slater came back from maternity leave last week (credits-wise that is). That's been a nice change.

And Eileen looked stunning in that red dress she had on today.

Did anyone see this new Billy Abbott promo? It looks good, I like Billy as more a shady character. I don't think I could stand another pure as water saint on this show.

• Members

Think about how Diane (AD's version) would have Sharon running scared! I would love to her purr around Genoa City again. There was something so feline about Diane.

Ashley!! Yay! Good to see Eileen Davidson. And previews show Beth Maitland as well!

Woah, what is going on with Nikki's hair? She looks like a cone head.

LMAO at Pipsqueak's reaction to Nick and Victoria's shock at the end. :lol: Nick: "OMG! He totally played us!"

New drinking game: down a shot in one everytime Phyllis says "Yeah. Definitely. Definitely."

Archived