Y&R: Week of September 22, 2008

• Members

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with Nikki's hair. It's hilarious.

If I'm not mistaken, Diane didn't even get a chance for a last appearance. She was in a part of a storyline and last appeared in October 2004 when Walters was downgraded to recurring status, but then never appeared again after that. What a shame.

Why did Donnelly leave Y&R? Was it her choice or did they fire her? And what is she doing these days anyway?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was such a boring week. I just finished Friday's. The only good thing was Ashley's return. Everything else was so boring. River storyline is killing the show for me.

But judging by the previews, River storyline continues on Monday as well, but at least we will get the Abbotts and the Chancellors! :D

• Members

Sadly, yes. It is not her "angry girl" or "psycho bitch from hell" mode. That is just a symptom. When they gave her "vulnerable" scenes ALONE with her dad (where she didn't need the "walls"), there was no authentic sadness...just screeching. Because she is an experienced actress, whe cannot even blame her "greenness". She is only recurring, so I have every confidence this will soon be repaired.

QUOTE (Chris B @ Sep 26 2008, 11:36 PM)
On a positive note, I had no idea Eileen Davidson was premiering today.

How dare Kay speak to my precious Jill that way. I hope Jill drop kicks her.

Seeing Traci is always nice as well.

Just bring back Keemo and Kyle and we'll be all set.

They mentioned Diane which was shocking. Maybe it's a sign of things to come...

I did know Eileen was returning, but I loved how it was done. So natural, so seamless. That's how to do it! And Eileen has definitely reconnected with the flirty, light, emotionally positive part of her character. Let's hope she retains it. Interestingly, she credits Brad Bell with giving that back to her.

Kay did trash Jill in the promo. I AM ASSUMING that will be revealed to be another of her "senior moments", undoubtedly linked to the series of TIAs she has been having since "Out of the Ashes". For a moment, in other words, she will forget that Jill is her daughter. That is my guess.

The promo showed Ashley, Traci and Brad together in New York. I am betting that Billy (who is IN NY) will also be there. (By the way...what a perfectly set up reunion...Billy was there for the art show, Traci lives there, and it makes sense that Ash would touch down there from Paris. Brilliant!). I am hoping that this foursome shows up at the Abbott breakfast table soon, and that the ghost of John is at the head of the table.

I don't think the canvas needs Keemo/Kyle/Diane (Alex only!) now. But I finally have faith in the current regime that we will see them, if the regime is allowed to last.

Well, with the Abbotts coming back, they BETTER have history. They better never do another "we forgot Victor's vasectomy" again. It makes sense to promote the hell out of Billy. He is now a pot stirrer (viewers love that), he has an audience (AMC), he has a fan base for the character (old time Billy and Mac viewers), he harkens back to classic Jack Abbott (that might lure in some classic viewers).

THAT SAID, on usenet they are saying the OPPOSITE. They are saying "the show has no moral center; the show has no people who DO NOT sometimes do nasty things; there is nobody you can root for because you know they always try to do the right thing". That group (which is more comprised of older females) really is not attracted to a canvas filled with "grey" characters.

AD would be interesting. I'd love to see her fight with Sharon. That never occurred to me.

I must confess I kind of surmised what Victor was doing the instant "Travis the orderly" came in the room.

What you reference, with regard to Michelle Stafford, is clearly the problem of the actress. She is not emotionally connecting with her material, and she is tweaking her dialogue in ways that show she is just shooting off cliches (talking the way Michelle would...not the way Phyllis would). This actress needs either a meaty story, or she needs to be given a break.

• Members

Yeah.. and then they wonder why people don't like them.. lol But I think that could be Sheffer's doing. I mean, anyone remember Willow on DAYS? I have a feeling she was on every day. She was so annoying. And I think she was the first character created by Sheffer himself on DAYS.

• Members

Why does every man under 40 have to sleep with that whore Amber? I still can't believe she's still here! It's insane! I don't care if the show has a young temptress but what is so enthralling about Adrienne Franz or that character? It boggles.

And I love Billy Miller but he seems much older than Billy should be.

Is Lily totally okay with her best friend screwing her ex-husband? And by golly if this isn't most unfortunate looking bunch of younger actresses, Colleen = Fug, Amber = Hideous, Lily = Passable.

• Members

Diane just sort of disappeared and is said to be working in Chicago for Jabot. Susan Walters didn't get bumped to recurring, she actually left to star in a short lives paranormal prime time soap for FOX called Point Pleasant.

Alex Donnelly was fired by Ed Scott. Scott wanted the character of Diane to go in a different (*cough* younger *cough*) direction, hence Susan Walters. Kay Alden was furious at having to write Donnelly off, thereby ruining the arc of the Sperm Switch Storyline (which I loved, so sue me). Alex is not doing a heck of a lot, she's done two bit parts since Y&R...that said she's looking GREAT, she hasn't aged a day since Y&R and looks softer (Botox and Fillers and good ones at that). She has a wealthy ex husband so she doesn't technically NEED to work, but I think if she was offered a gig at Y&R she'd come back.

Getting rid of Alex Donnelly was a big blunder on Ed Scott's part. If MAB, HS, SH or PR can see this please give Alex a call, she was great!

• Members

Was it Ed Scott's or Jack Smith's fault? Because in addition to giving Alex Donnelly the big heave-ho, Ashley Bashioum was also fired upon her second returning stint to Y&R and both Eileen Davidson or Kimberlin Brown were written into corners. Let's not forget Heather Tom leaving the show.

Archived