KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Michelle Lee would have really cranked up the drama with that. " My GOD Mack, it's our child growing inside me ! How can you sit there and tell me you think it's a mistake to go through with this pregnancy?"

Kevin Dobson could play out his usual pissy anger.

• Members

Sid played that out when she was pregnant in season 1. If Karen did give birth to Mack's baby, she would probably go into labor on Val's kitchen floor or Val would load her into the car and drive like a maniac to the hospital. Karen would be screaming in pain clawing at the car roof. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think Mack would have been excited to be a father since he didn't have an opportunity to be a father to Paige while Karen would have been a bit in shock over being pregnant since she would have been ready to start the next chapter of her life post raising kids.  And you would have had the reactions of her kids and his kid over this late in life pregnancy.

• Members

And then there would be the question of their baby's health, since the risk of Mack and Karen's child being born with Down Syndrome would be enormous. 

Now, if I were writing the show, Mack and Karen's child would have Down Syndrome, because I do think a lot of good, character-driven material could have come from the challenges they would have faced as two older parents raising a "special needs" child.  I also might have used Karen's pregnancy as an opportunity to bring back Diana (either w/ a returning Claudia Lonow or w/ a recast) as she would want to be there to support her mom.

• Members

Really sad to hear of Don's passing. He was such an integral part of early Knots, an immovable force - impossible to imagine the first few seasons without him, or later years with him. 

He was excellent as the good-hearted boss of "Being There" Dougie in Twin Peaks: The Return, as @Vee can attest to. It was a real treat seeing him in that part to wind down his career.