KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Last year someone on youtube had all 14 seasons available. After about a month they were pulled. Haven't seen anything but clips since then. 

One thing I always thought was odd. Several people have uploaded several 1978 CBS promos for the premiere of Dallas, but I have never seen a promo show up for the premiere of Knots in 1979. 

• Members

I was looking at some season 9 and 10 episodes and it pretty much became the Nicollette Sheridan show. I would scan through and the other characters would only have a few quick scenes and it was back to Paige again. I guess that sealed the deal with Donna Mills leaving. I seem to recall Michelle Lee complaining about being sidelined most of the time. 

The writers also didn't invest in the Williams family too much after the witness protection storyline. There were stretches of episodes where you didn't even see Pat or Julie. Lynne Moody complained in the press about her lack of story and they killed Pat off. 

• Members

The Williams family was a real lost opportunity too. I found all of them engaging, and it was great to have a family back on the cul-de-sac.

I liked Paige, she didn’t bother me as a lead.  What bothers me more in those last few years are the stupid antics created to keep Gary and Val from reuniting and being happy, including Val seemingly having a lobotomy. It was pretty clear Gary and Val were going to end up together again, they should have just done it instead of dragging it out. And this is coming from someone that preferred Abby/Gary and Ben/Val.

• Members

@SoapDope Nicollette Sheridan became a main cast member in season 10 and she practically ate the show for the rest of its run. Donna Mills left at the end of season 10 and she was smart to walk away when she did.

IMO Knots Landing went off the rails in season 9 after Laura's departure and was effectively over at the end of season 10 when Abby left. 1988-1993 was a chore to get through.

• Members

The Danny Waleska storyline was unnecessary filler. Penny Peyser really stank as Amanda. The writers were clearly hinting at a Gary/Pat affair, but pulled back quickly. Val did get more stupid as time went on. You can tell they writers hated Joan and made a fool out of her.

I agree. I pretty much fast forward all her scenes. Killing off Laura was a cost saving measure. I guess they needed to free up money to give to Sheridan. When the 1997 reunion bombed in the ratings, they claimed it was because Sheridan only did a cameo and was not part of the main storyline 

Please register in order to view this content

I wonder how many viewers defected during those last seasons ? I don't want even get started again on the hiring of Stacy Galina. David Jacobs seemed to think she was the next big thing. 

• Members

More like there was no need for the reunion. It had only been four years and it left on no cliffhanger (unlike Dynasty and Dallas). The fans might've enjoyed seeing them together again, but everyone else had moved on. 

• Members

I guess she was a cheap sweet young thing.

I agree. It was too soon. If they insisted on doing it, David Jacobs should have written it himself. Joan's another new face was also a distraction. The Ewing home did look good though.

• Members

Abby was my favorite character, but there wasn’t much left for her with what they were offering storywise. I get why she was ready to leave. I think it would have been more interesting for Abby to not marry Greg  and instead have them run against each other in politics. They made such good sparring partners, and it would give her something new to do, especially if they found a way to make it ultimately important to her instead of just a status like it always was with Greg.

I get people not liking Paige but I enjoyed her stories more than the ones given to some of the others during those last few years. I liked Anne as well, especially when they leaned into her more sarcastic and cutting line delivery.

I think the Sumner Group characters breathed new life into the show, and I enjoyed all the machinations and maneuvering there. The sad thing is that I think Laura would have fit right in there, even if Greg had an affair with Paige. I can easily see Laura holding her own with Paige, Linda, and Claudia.

The biggest issue with those last few years for me in hindsight is Meg. Too much wrangling over Meg and none of it was interesting. It could have been, it just wasn’t.

And another missed opportunity was Valene’s book about Greg. That could have been amazing for both of them.

• Members

Honestly, the Meg situation is just bizarre more than engaging. Greg loses Laura and is unable to cope properly so neglects daughter (so far quite normal), so Karen convinces him to let them adopt her (?!) and she and Mack are the good guys? I think the writers wanted to have Mack and Karen have a kid but realistically, Karen was too old (and maybe Michele Lee would've put her foot down, lol) and then they had to write Laura out so...

• Members

It was bizarre. Every thing revolved around that child for years. Michelle loved to chew scenery when going on about some crisis involving her. 

LOL at Karen getting pregnant. Kate Lawrence did on Family way into her post menopausal 50's. Someone on youtube said they could have sworn Kate had the baby and gave birth to it trapped in a department store after hours when she accidentally got locked in.