KNOTS LANDING

• Members
Posted (edited)

It's like what Victoria Wyndham or another AW vet said when NBC finally pulled their show's plug: "Well, they can't [!@#$%^&*] with it now!"

Edited by Khan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

Actually, David Jacobs (RIP) said that wasn't the issue why it wasn't released on DVD. The first two seasons sold lousy, so they didn't bother upscaling the rest of the seasons. 

I imagine with so many episodes it takes a while and yes, music rights might be an issue but like with 90210 and Melrose Place they'll just replace it in the worst case scenario (or even worse, just skip the episode, as is the case with a lot of 90210 episodes). Falcon Crest seemingly retained the 60s music they used in season 7 though. 

It's been said it's coming. When is another matter. I'd assume the biggest issue is that they don't see it as a priority because of said lousy sales of the DVD (plus the performance of Falcon Crest on FreeVee might be another consideration).

Edited by te.

• Members

On the message board that provided the updates on Dallas’ HD transfer, someone said they got confirmation from a WB rep that Knots and Flamingo Road are ready and got music cleared already. At least Knots should be streaming before the year is up. 

• Members

Ooh! Flamingo Road?! That's a shocker, but happy if they put that up. I guess having Mark Harmon on it helps (but then again, where's my HD version of 2000 Malibu Road then?!).

• Members

I first saw the show in reruns on TBS I think? So as bad as the last couple of seasons could be compared to the others, I fell in love with the show near the end. I have a lot of fondness for characters like Paige, Anne, Nick and Claudia. I met Abby in the final episodes, and she quickly became a favorite. Then it all started over again and I got to see it from the beginning. There is not period of the show that is unwatchable to me. Sure, some are better than others. From the back half of season 3 through season 7 is a real golden period for me, starting with Gary cheating on Val with Abby.

I cannot wait for this to hit streaming!

• Members
Posted (edited)

It feels inappropriate to say that Jock's death was good for drama, obviously because it was inspired by a real life event.  However, it is interesting in hindsight to see how much it benefited the storytelling of both shows.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I think it really helped switch it up, especially for Dallas - I suspect that show would've grown stale a lot sooner if they weren't forced to change the status quo. It's the same thing as Shannen Doherty leaving Beverly Hills 90210 was a blessing in disguise.

• Members

I would love a physical release too but I'm not holding my breath. I mean Dallas hasn't made it to blu ray.

I'll just watch the lower quality version of Knots I have but it pales in comparison to Dallas HD episodes.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Which is why I thought it was so dumb of them to wrap up the story so quickly the following season.  And all because David Jacobs was thinking like a parent and not like a storyteller.  (For once, I'm on Michael Filerman's side, lol).

Edited by Khan