KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I loved Kenny and Ginger's pad. I thought it fit them well; and I actually stole some ideas for my first apartment lbvs. Yes, I had some bean bags too!

That's true. They do mirror each other.

Ha! That was a great arc for them. I happen to always liked them on the show. Ginger was a goldmine sitting on ready, and they could have gotten a lot more outta Kenny if they only pretend they cared to write for him.

• Members

Yep, I've also wondered if the original treatment that Jacobs presented to CBS only initially had the Fairgate, Avery and Ward households and that he just tacked on the Ewings when CBS wanted to spin off Dallas. I think they early on tried to do slightly "youth" focused storylines with the Wards, but I think because they couldn't really fully separate Ewings / Wards by an age difference (the Wards being obviously in their 20s still) it just never quite worked out for them since Ewings just inherited the "young married couple" thing (despite Val and Gary being in their early to mid-30s but don't tell Joan Van Ark that). 

• Members

David Jacobs said Joan asked "How old is she supposed to be" ? ......LOL Joan said she saw the first 5 episodes of Dallas when it aired and loved it. So she would have known that Lucy was a teen when she agreed to take the role.

Joan was born in 1943 and would have been 35 in 1978. Her daughter Vanessa was born in 1969. 

• Members

Maybe Kenny and Ginger would have lasted longer if they had a more loving marriage?  A better contrast to the Ewings as newlyweds and the troubles of the Avery and Ewing households, and the family squabbles of the Fairgates.

A really passionate, deeply in love pair of younger characters getting to experience all those marriage firsts might have worked out better in the long run.  Although I think Kenny would have to be recast for that. To me they just kind of drift along until they are gone.

• Members

The person on the Dallas forum who was involved in the Dallas remaster said the Knots remaster is already ongoing. I believe WB is going to remaster their entire back catalog, but we’ve gotten hints that like Dallas, something is coming imminently for Knots. 

• Webmaster

When I made my first comment about this, that's what I was hearing. I didn't want to be specific because things can take time, and we could be waiting until 2025 or later before it becomes available. But ultimately, I was told a deal was finally made to make the show available. What I don't know is where or when.