KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Empire Valley story really falls apart the moment Ben finds those satellite parts, because first of all it's just bad writing - had the truck not stopped Ben would've never found out (Something That Happens For The Sake of Happening writing), but we're also supposed to believe Ben would recognize that the satellite parts are too high-tech and something weird is going on.

• Members

CBS Sunday Morning profile on Knots Landing star Donna Mills which references her time on "The Secret Storm", "Love is a Many-Splendored Thing", and "General Hospital". Interestingly, she says she's grateful for her GH emmy but doesn't feel that was her best work. She says that was probably more of a Lifetime Achievement Award.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

1970 Charmin ad featuring Joan Van Ark and actor Aldo Ray. Actor David Hayward (redhead guy singing/ pushing the shopping cart) would go on to appear on KL as David the guy Jill Bennett drugged and used as a alibi in the the plot to kill " Poor Val". 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

David Jacobs Dead: ‘Dallas,’ ‘Knots Landing’ Creator Was 84 – The Hollywood Reporter

Dallas is the show I grew up with, and had the most worldwide notice, but Knots Landing is the show that captured me when I was more discerning and has stayed with me. The intricate, believable, and heartfelt stories he put into motion, blessed with some of the most complex characters you would ever find on soaps. I'm glad to this day there is still discussion and discovery and rediscovery of the show, and that he let us into his world for those vital years.

• Members

Had never heard that Jacobs and John Pleshette had this connection...so very soapy.

During that time, Jacobs’ marriage to Lynn Oliansky, whom he had married in 1963, was ending amicably. In 1975, she announced she was marrying actor John Pleshette and moving with him to Los Angeles. (Pleshette would portray Richard Avery on Knots Landing.Lynn intended to become a writer’s agent in Los Angeles. Wanting to stay close to their daughter Albyn, Jacobs was willing to follow them west but insisted that his ex-wife get him work. 

• Members

So eloquent. You took the words out of my mouth - thanks. Currently on first viewing on Falcon Crest S2. It’s amazing in its own 80s glory, but more surface level and more easy to forget than the well-rounded emotional core established on Knots by DJ. Thanks for so much, David Jacobs, and Rest In Peace.